Julian Assange Arrested

AWP

SOF Support
Ecuador withdraws asylum from Julian Assange, arrested by UK police

This ought to be a fun little rodeo/ road trip.

Nice beard!

18a3e6afd9f6e59399d18e173e156522.jpg

It's funny listening to CNN trying so hard to obfuscate the source of the extradition and expulsion from the embassy.

Current editor and chief of wikileaks just let it out for them.

I'd be willing to bet that he ran out of money for his room and board... I mean asylum.

Not too sure how I feel about dude, I definitely don't think he is a hero, but would also say he has been a political prisoner for the last 7 years. The sexual assault charge was pretty much bullshit if you ask me, consensual sex with a condom, condom breaks and chick claims rape. At least that's the story I read a few years back.

As for the leaks, I am not sure. Yeah he hurt the national security of the US and several allies. But some of those things really needed to be disclosed, obviously not like they were, but on some level. Julian Assange also was never a government employee or was bound by NDA/clearance, etc.

I kinda feel the same way about Snowden, except for the fact that he violated his oath, his clearance and went through significant steps to steal the information he leaked.

I'd be willing to bet that he ran out of money for his room and board... I mean asylum.

Not too sure how I feel about dude, I definitely don't think he is a hero, but would also say he has been a political prisoner for the last 7 years. The sexual assault charge was pretty much bullshit if you ask me, consensual sex with a condom, condom breaks and chick claims rape. At least that's the story I read a few years back.

As for the leaks, I am not sure. Yeah he hurt the national security of the US and several allies. But some of those things really needed to be disclosed, obviously not like they were, but on some level. Julian Assange also was never a government employee or was bound by NDA/clearance, etc.

I kinda feel the same way about Snowden, except for the fact that he violated his oath, his clearance and went through significant steps to steal the information he leaked.

Hard disagree on any similarities between Assange and Snowden. The damage Snowden caused can never be undone. Assange just made us look bad based on biased content and corrupt political process.

Hard disagree on any similarities between Assange and Snowden. The damage Snowden caused can never be undone. Assange just made us look bad based on biased content and corrupt political process.

Maybe I didn't make clear what I was saying. I think Snowden should burn for what he did, due to what I listed in my other post. I am not really mad at what he leaked, as I think it's good the American people know they are being spied on by its own government. But that doesn't excuse what Snowden did... IMO

Snowden caused irreparable harm to the US and compromised programs because he disagreed with them. In my opinion, his crimes surpassed the Rosenbergs.

I bet he hit up his GRU handlers today “Comrade, we still good?”

I look forward to the day he’s renditioned.

Last edited:
So is he a champion of free speech and government transparency this week or a traitorous snake?

I think he should be arkancided but my opinions are worthless - besides our politicians leak shit all the time and nothing happens to them.
Of course I also think that politicians that leak, allow to be leaked, or wrongly store distribute and transmit classified information should be held to the same standard as that which they are clamoring for this shitstick from Wikileaks.

He isn't much worse than some of the turds that run our government. Hell didn't Private Manning get a pardon for crimes he committed in conjunction with wikileaks?

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN...
I AM THE GREAT
AND POWERful
Wizard
Of

oz

You know.. The fact that they are only going after him for a potential hacking incident in 2010 tells you that add much as most of us dislike him, he has a valid defense regarding him being a publisher and journalist.

Back