Jussie Smollett thread (most recent updates on Page 4)

Playing around on Twitter today and see #BubbaSmollett and #NascarHoax are trending.

Bubba went on The View and and claimed it is offensive that anyone would claim it was a hoax.

I'm offering no opinions.

NASCAR has seemingly went dark on the top.
They have not yet released any info about who did it.

UPDATE: Proved to a Certainty – Is Bubba Wallace “Rope Noose” a Hoax or Misunderstanding? All Talladega Garage Doors Have Nooses – NASCAR Video Evidence…

Clay Travis Questions NASCAR Noose Story

Playing around on Twitter today and see #BubbaSmollett and #NascarHoax are trending.

Bubba went on The View and and claimed it is offensive that anyone would claim it was a hoax.

I'm offering no opinions.

NASCAR has seemingly went dark on the top.
They have not yet released any info about who did it.

UPDATE: Proved to a Certainty – Is Bubba Wallace “Rope Noose” a Hoax or Misunderstanding? All Talladega Garage Doors Have Nooses – NASCAR Video Evidence…

Clay Travis Questions NASCAR Noose Story
I've been loosely following this story as well. The first link you posted is pretty compelling. If I were a betting man, I'd say they nailed it.

There in lies the rub.

NASCAR will not release a pic nor say what their many cameras show.

NASCAR garages have immensely good security, I'm keeping my opinion out of it but it's interesting to say the least that NASCAR is keeping mum about things.

Seems more like this is an indictment of how our current social climate had everyone wound up to 10, as opposed to some planned thing.

He'd gotten some of the usual twitter death threats and what not for the BLM car and speaking about the Confederate flag, so had that in with the Confederate Flag Convoy that occurred and I can see how people would be thinking the worst.

Seems more like this is an indictment of how our current social climate had everyone wound up to 10, as opposed to some planned thing.

He'd gotten some of the usual twitter death threats and what not for the BLM car and speaking about the Confederate flag, so had that in with the Confederate Flag Convoy that occurred and I can see how people would be thinking the worst.

Sorry, but lies of discrimination based on race have been seemingly consistent. LeBron James said his house got tagged, but never called the Cops. Michael Bennett accused LVMPD of racism when he fled an active shooter scene, he had no ID on him, and now this. Aren't false accusations of racism just racism? Because that's what it is to me.

He should face the consequences of a false accusation, NASCAR needs to fine and suspend him, but they won't.

Last edited:
...He'd gotten some of the usual twitter death threats and what not for the BLM car and speaking about the Confederate flag, so had that in with the Confederate Flag Convoy that occurred and I can see how people would be thinking the worst.
Not me. Given what was shown, unless someone is predispositioned to see things that way, that's a pretty tough sell...

I had to delete your link. The Reddit thread you provided was laced with racist ... REALLY racist comments and the site should not be party to that.

Interesting you would find anything like that on reddit since they overly mod all content

Interesting you would find anything like that on reddit since they overly mod all content
My kids are on Reddit all the time, as am I and I mostly agree with you. But we had a member 'report' the link and when I went there saw it as well. My guess is that similar to this very forum, there are only so many mods who can handle things at any one time and if memes/pics came in too fast, they could not keep up.

No harm no foul.

Yep. Fake as hell.

I think people need to really look at themselves and determine why they're all so quick to believe stuff like this.

"The FBI has completed its investigation at Talladega Superspeedway and determined that Bubba Wallace was not the target of a hate crime. The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall. This was obviously well before the 43 team's arrival and garage assignment. We appreciate the FBI's quick and thorough investigation and are thankful to learn that this was not an intentional, racist act against Bubba. We remain steadfast in our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all who love racing."

FBI determines no federal crime was committed against Bubba Wallace while investigating noose in his garage

Let me preface, I'm not a NASCAR fan, but like many sports, I have a reasonable, laymans awareness about it.

That said, given what's been shared, who believes any of Bubba Wallace's story?

When it was reported that a noose was found hanging in is garage stall, who pictured something like this?
Noose.jpg

That would be obvious. We now know that wasn't the case at all (see the links above, especially @Ooh-Rah's first one). The whole story is full of shit. In my opinion, this was an some backwards ass publicity stunt. I believe this because not that many people could be so stupid. Who in their right mind would consider those garage pulls a threat?

We've all been a part of a team at some point. Did no one on his team say, "Dude, are you outta your fucking mind, look at the stall next door!" The guys I hang out with with would light me up If I suggested something so idiotic.

Are you telling me Wallace was the first and only one in the stall? No one else noticed this?

The whole thing is clearly b.s. and it upsets me that, given all that's going on, he tried to pull this little stunt. Equally frustrating is that no one called him out on this earlier, even though there was a lot of skepticism from the start; you had all these teams push his car out front and other b.s.

I hope sponsors continue to stay away from him as a result. He lost his sponsors back.in April after he quit a sim race. My guess is his shelf life in NASCAR is about to expire.

Yep, that is true. I still think that there is more to this though.

Definitely.. It's been suggested that only 1 in every 348 hate crimes is actually legit and are found out to be the case within a week, but the damage is already done in the low information voter group that use the initial claim to harden their view.

I'll see if I can find that source again.

Sourcing(ish) and somewhat more relevant to the thread.

Hate crime hoaxes, like Jussie Smollett's alleged attack, are more common than you think

Last edited:
Back