Jussie Smollett thread (most recent updates on Page 4)

“Wood Brothers Racing were the last team to occupy the garage and they released a statement saying an employee had remembered seeing a "tied handle" on the garage door last October.“

BBC article

Dude...The fricken' FBI came down to investigate this, Fox said they sent like a dozen agents down there. Imagine the volume of questioning and CCTV video viewing they did... And they came back within a couple days and said it was all BS!!

Most outlets have failed to provide the picture from last year, or talk about how it was all BS in the first place, only Fox is showing the garage pull rope. I saw the story on Newsy, CNN, and one of the NBCs. Each of them presented it as still being a "noose", but that no hate crime has been uncovered. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THE JACKASS CHANNELS MENTIONED THAT IT WASN'T A NOOSE!!

zZuIMLuv.jpeg

So this is weird. NASCAR President is saying that the rope (which definitely looks like a noose to my untrained eye) was not present back in October

I grant that it could be a commonly-used type of knot for a pull handle, but it could also be easily mistaken for a noose.

Very true, but we also don't know if it was someone bored and messing around. We don't know how it got there. He also has a history of difficulty attracting sponsors.

NASCAR’s Bubba Wallace finds voice, even if no potential new sponsors

Wallace is the only black full-time driver at NASCAR’s top level and has had to scrap for sponsorship money his entire career. Since he has taken a prominent role as an activist — successfully calling on NASCAR to ban Confederate flags at its events and leading the conversation among his peers about racial equality — the only new friends Wallace has are celebrities and fans.

Richard Petty Motorsports has not heard from a single potential sponsor looking to back Wallace on the track.

Does racism play into that? Probably. He's also never finished higher than 22nd in the Cup series and never won a race at that level, with a 2nd in the Daytona 500 as his best result. As we've seen with Kaepernick, courting controversy isn't the best way to gain traction with corporate America. Now with times changing, and his position and activism, you'd think companies would beat down his door to sponsor him.

The noose could be a racist message, it could be someone bored and goofing off with Wallace drawing that garage spot later, or cynically he or his team did it to drum up emotion and financial support.

We'll never know so to jump to conclusions does a disservice to far, far more people than just Bubba.

He also has a history of difficulty attracting sponsors.

NASCAR’s Bubba Wallace finds voice, even if no potential new sponsors
I'm not a NASCAR fan, but a buddy is. He went on a Bubba rant the other day about Bubba 'needing' this type of publicity because he's so unliked by his fellow racers and sponsors, that he was about to have to leave NASCAR.

Based only on what I've heard about him, I've always thought Bubba was a douche. Most recently when he was fired by a sponsor for "rage quitting' a virtual race. That's right....a freeking video game.

NASCAR Driver Bubba Wallace Lost an Actual Sponsorship Because He Rage-Quit in iRacing

Hell, I didn't even know Bubba was Black until this noose thing happened.

Back