Life After MARSOC and ITC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, maybe not. It really depends on the person, I know that they had guys with 3+ combat tours under their belt that DIDN'T get selected,which pissed off the CMC(he said he wanted the wash out rate at 20% and marsoc wasn't having it. but im sure they dropped the standards a little like they do for everything) enough to create the pre a&s course. My best guess is they look for a particular type of person(from what i hear someone who is "free thinker" which is frowned on in the Marines, they dont want the typicall aye aye sir guy. they want someone who can think for them selves and bring everyone home alive with their judgement, im sure they want the aye aye sir as well at times). But I'm sure combat would make me feel more comfortable.

First of all, this is the second post that I had to capitalize Marine for you. Let's make it the last okay?

The vast majority of the Marine Corps has 2 or 3 combat tours at this point. Any combat tours aren't all made the same anymore, if you went to Iraq in 2008-2010 time frame you might as well have been in Kuwait with some exceptions in Basra and some other areas that still saw some kinetic action. You can even have a mild deployment to Afghanistan if you deploy to certain districts or you are there for the winter. MARSOC will select who they will select based on some criteria we are not privy to. The 20% attrition rate bothers me. Standards are important. When I went to BRC (Basic Reconnaissance Course) we had an attrition rate of 70% between BRC and pre-BRC. That doesn't even include the indoc, which weeded out a ton of guys as well. I don't know what it is like now that BRC moved to SOI (School of Infantry).

Marine... ok, maybe it just does not bother me as much because I am serving and my family has paid its dues for this nation with many men. Actually every war sense korea , but I'm disrespectful because I didn't capitalize a noun. I didn't think this site was based on politics, but sure enough a bureaucracy still exists even here. CMC said he wanted 20% wash out rate but "marsoc" wasn't having it so they screen and select differently, then recon does. But what ever I dude , this site clearly isn't for me because if you have enough time to go back and put the M in marine for me. Then you clearly have to much time on your hands. This site hasn't been very useful either , very few actual sof guys here and what I have been told is public knowledge. Sooooo I will do you a favor and remove my self from the site. I was actually seriously considering getting one of the sweet t-shirts but, I will just my money. So have fun pushing your "authority" around best of luck, I got some rucking to do.

Thanks for volunteering to be the first person I ban under the new upgrade.

Feel free to come back when you gain some maturity and situational awareness.

Marine... ok, maybe it just does not bother me as much because I am serving and my family has paid its dues for this nation with many men. Actually every war sense korea , but I'm disrespectful because I didn't capitalize a noun. I didn't think this site was based on politics, but sure enough a bureaucracy still exists even here. CMC said he wanted 20% wash out rate but "marsoc" wasn't having it so they screen and select differently, then recon does. But what ever I dude , this site clearly isn't for me because if you have enough time to go back and put the M in marine for me. Then you clearly have to much time on your hands. This site hasn't been very useful either , very few actual sof guys here and what I have been told is public knowledge. Sooooo I will do you a favor and remove my self from the site. I was actually seriously considering getting one of the sweet t-shirts but, I will just my money. So have fun pushing your "authority" around best of luck, I got some rucking to do.

Let me explain this to you in plain English .. I have been on Shadowspear.com nearly since its inception and as an Irishman serving in the Irish Army I can tell you right now, you won't find a better bunch of dedicated Professionals who Serve/served YOUR Country with distinction and Pride ... So when a Member or a Mod who more than likely has stood on a wall protecting your rights, then I don't think its a major big deal to show them some RESPECT and capitalize the respective Arm of the Military you're referring too...

But hey maybe you're right...Your not suitable to be among the People who stand up and be counted ...

When did Marines get so sensitive? On another note I thought that the bulk of guys on here were verified SOF! Boon you should come up with some sort of way of tagging verified SOF members so champions like "I-SO not on this site anymore" aren't confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back