Lithuanian Special Operations Force

I also think that the headline is very sideways. Usually you will not hear anyone saying that we will blow Russians from the ground :) we are quite “on the ground” with our abilities.

This thread was about LithSof. And every article, message or photo that is available on them ussualy is met with high praise. Either it would be Nato partners, own military command, local or foreign journalists. It seems that they are evaluated very high. In every regard. I bet there are some guys in this forum who can back this up :)

All Russia has to do is claim that Lithuania is impeding their ability to resupply Kaliningrad in violation of their 2003 agreement to move troops and supplies through there freely. Putin would be a political corpse only if Russia goes to war with NATO. He would be even more of a national hero if NATO does not feel like going to nuclear war over a small Baltic state and give Putin his land bridge. So far no one has really lifted a finger to stop Russian aggression against Georgia and the Ukraine. Putin is a gambler and I can see how he would be tempted to invade the Baltics. I don't think he is willing to do that right now because of all his forces in the Middle East right now but don't be suprised if the bear bites you after you poke it.

I don't think it's that easy. There has to be at least some form of preceding conflict. But there is none, like not even a conflict of interest. It would not require Lithuania to even raise that issue. Intervening in Ukraine to aid against the rebels is not the same as declaring war on Russia. That supply line would not be touched. Russia can't simply claim an issue that doesn't exist. There was an actual scenario like that. Russia's land access to Armenia, where it hosts military bases, was temporarily blocked by Georgia a year after the 08 conflict, due to Russia's trade embargo and only re-opened because the Armenians are severely dependent on that trade route. In case of Lithuania there is simply no precedent.

Russia considers anything even remotely challenging it's offensive capabilities against Europe a threat and provocation. A contineously debilitated stance is not really a compromise either. It borders on defeatism.

I don't think it's that easy. There has to be at least some form of preceding conflict. But there is none, like not even a conflict of interest. It would not require Lithuania to even raise that issue. Intervening in Ukraine to aid against the rebels is not the same as declaring war on Russia. That supply line would not be touched. Russia can't simply claim an issue that doesn't exist. There was an actual scenario like that. Russia's land access to Armenia, where it hosts military bases, was temporarily blocked by Georgia a year after the 08 conflict, due to Russia's trade embargo and only re-opened because the Armenians are severely dependent on that trade route. In case of Lithuania there is simply no precedent.

Russia considers anything even remotely challenging it's offensive capabilities against Europe a threat and provocation. A contineously debilitated stance is not really a compromise either. It borders on defeatism.
Now you do sound naive. Russia doesn't need a prexisting conflict. She is perfectly happy creating her own.

I also think that the headline is very sideways. Usually you will not hear anyone saying that we will blow Russians from the ground :) we are quite “on the ground” with our abilities.

This thread was about LithSof. And every article, message or photo that is available on them ussualy is met with high praise. Either it would be Nato partners, own military command, local or foreign journalists. It seems that they are evaluated very high. In every regard. I bet there are some guys in this forum who can back this up :)

I'm sure they are good. No one here is doubting that.

Back