Lockpicking

nobodyvl

Unverified
Has anyone had any experience with lock picking?

I've been watching youtube videos and found channels that revolved around lock picking and thought it'd be cool to learn as a hobby( or when I misplaced my house keys somewhere...)

Here's 2 youtube channel that I've been following:

I'm still learning how to use this forum, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this or if it shouldn't have been posted

I used to watch a ton of LPL a while back and messed around with it as a hobby for a little bit. Crazy the amount of things you learn and what keys can work on something they should never be able to but that's not something I'm willing to share on an open forum.

Also if you ever own a business or have something that you're renting out, AFAIK a LSDA key is not able to be copied at any retailer aside from your professional locksmiths, the key will not mount into the machine.

When I was in JSOC I did a high-risk SERE course that involved a couple of blocks of instruction on picking handcuffs and locks. I was good at it during the program but probably couldn't do it now. I was able to pick the lock on our supply room door a couple of years back when we accidently locked ourselves out but I don't have any appreciable skill with it.

When I was in JSOC I did a high-risk SERE course that involved a couple of blocks of instruction on picking handcuffs and locks. I was good at it during the program but probably couldn't do it now. I was able to pick the lock on our supply room door a couple of years back when we accidently locked ourselves out but I don't have any appreciable skill with it.

Yeah that is about my level of expertise. I can effectively break into my house with only minor damage.

I can do a pretty wide range of locks. 4 pin, 5 pin, 6 pin, spool pins, serrated pins. I have picked 99% of the locks in my house mostly using a wave rake and some single pin picking. Super fun hobby!

3d printing has made things slightly easier. On a few occasions, I have printed house keys off of photos, and used those to open locks.

I have had to mess around with barrel locks after losing the key to a safe, and I do carry a rake and torsion bar.

Back