M1 CARBINE

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
Thoughts? I have an opportunity to get one. They are restricted up here, so I would only be able to fire it up here at an approved range and it would be a collectors item.

UNIVERSAL M1 CARBINE SEMI-AUTO .30 CARBINE AFTERMARKET BBL EXT,SIGHTS GOOD CONDITION $249

That M1 you are looking at is a pretty crappy weapon. Not to mention if it has the steel buttplate it hurts like hell to shoot it.

The .30 carbine is a great gun, I've shot my dad's many times and I love it.
Now his M1 kicks a wallop

Had a .30 carbine at one time,,,,wish I woulda never got rid of it. Low recoil of carbine, detachable mags, short overall length make it a "practical" gun. Biggest drawback is the round it is chambered for - it's basically a pistol round. But, if the shooter does his part,,,.

Remember, rate of fire is not "firepower," accurate HITS are firepower!

I'm looking at it more for a collector's piece. Owning a piece of history that will be hard to find eventually. I don't plan on shooting it often but when I do, it would be something to enjoy.

Thanks for the advice.

Ive breifly used one, I quite like them, not really good for much with that round but good fun, thats a good price too, go for it mate!

The carbine is .30 and easy to shoot with little recoil. Now the M1 Garand, well thats a 30-06 and kicks like a mule on acid. Both are collectors items and both are expensive to shoot. The carbine can be made full auto as well. If ya want history, I would go with the Garand. Every dogface/Marine and sailor carried that at one time or another during WW2. The carbine was an "O's" gun for the soft academy type shoulder as a standard. I think we gave um to the french during Vietnam;)

my dad carried them both in Korea, he favored the garand for it's stopping power, but for close in work preferred the carbine.

I killed my first deer with his carbine, a 172lb 8 pointer. So it can put down the target.

Back