Maj (R) Rick English 2/75, 1SFG, 3 SFG, 1st SFOD-D

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
His Bio is the stuff of legends. Gave his all and ate everything up he could in life only to pass too soon. He deserved better. Go with God Ranger. RLTW / DOL / SINE PARI

~S~

Retired Army Major Richard “Rick” English passed away peacefully on Monday, September 1, at the age of 46 from prostate cancer.

Born in Columbus, Ohio on Jan. 23, 1968, he enlisted into the Army in 1988 and served as a combat medic in 3rd Special Forces Group and SFOD-Delta at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. After graduating from Officer Candidate School and Ranger School, he served in 2nd Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment and finished his career at 1st Special Forces Group at Fort Lewis, Washington.

Throughout his career, he supported numerous Special Operations missions throughout the world. During his 26 years of service, he was highly decorated including the Legion of Merit, and the Bronze Star medal with two oak leaf clusters. Rick was an absolute giant in his profession. He was a humble man of deep moral character, and a mentor to anyone who knew him. A man is as good as his word. Rick’s word was gold. Those who respected, revered, loved and learned from him now have to manage this gaping hole that is Rick’s absence.

In addition to his outstanding military career, Rick was an avid reader and loved to travel with the love of his life, his wife Zhara. Together, they traveled to the far corners of the world. Rick is survived by his wife Zhara, and his mother Grace. The family wants to thank all of those who cared for him at the Knight Cancer Institute at the Oregon Health and Science’s University.
rick.jpeg

I truly despise cancer in all its forms.

Rest In Peace, Warrior and thank you for your service.

Fuck cancer. Fuck prostate cancer with a pizza cutter. The younger you get it the worse it is.
My sincere condolences. May he rest in peace and have a beer up there with @car and HH6.

I met Rick as a CTLT cadet at Ft Bragg. Summer 2004, he was a 2LT, went true blue through EIB, was consider a god among men. I mean a lot of guys get treated with respect but he was treated with religious-like reverence by everyone. He whopped my ass in the gym, daily, just by quietly telling me to keep going. Always smiling, always positive, always laughing, trained hard, treated everyone the same. I've spent my entire career trying to measure up to him, to just be half the man, half the leader he is. He kept in touch as I went through the Q course through yearly phone calls. Good dude. Just a good solid, awesome dude. Jesus. FUCK!

FUCK cancer.

Rick, this glass of Jameson Whiskey is for you. I'm sorry brother :(

@Viper1 , under the circumstances it feels weird to "like" your post. Instead, I will simply state that I am sincerely sorry for your loss, but happy that you had the opportunity to know the man.

@Ooh-Rah, I cannot and do not have the words to express how awesome and amazing Rick English was.

Too many of the good guys get taken too early... :(

For those who knew him, I am sorry for your loss. Condolences for his family and all friends. God bless and godspeed.

Back