MARSOC A&S September/October 2011

On the bright side that will look pretty hilarious in your SRB a little down the road. No reasonable person should care about such trivial things...

Why were your boots unbloused? Did the MCO order change? Does having your boots unbloused make you hump faster? Did a lot of humps BITD; I found unbuttoning my blouse helpful in getting rid of excess heat (although wearing body armor pretty much ended that...), but I can't picture how unblousing the boots helps.

I use to tell my Marines that I really don't care what you wear in our compound (balaclavas, buffalo jackets, PT gear, etc) but when you go out of the compound you better be f'ing squared away so you don't embarass yourself, me, or our unit.

It's resistance pulling down on your knees and thighs. After 12 miles of jogging you can really tell the difference. I hear it helps with heat dispersion but I haven't humped with them bloused to know.

It's resistance pulling down on your knees and thighs. After 12 miles of jogging you can really tell the difference. I hear it helps with heat dispersion but I haven't humped with them bloused to know.

I can't buy that. I've run plenty of races in boots & utes and done my share of 15-25 mile humps. Never felt the need to unblouse my boots unless I was swim training in utilities. Sounds like an excuse to not blouse your boots and "be cool"; no different from the half roll on the sleeves. I've seen many Marines do the same thing.

Yeah, I know I'm a dick. I'll go ahead and bow out so you don't get mad. I don't want to blow your "I'm to HS to follow the MCO" mindset.

Look dude, posting about this is probably not the best idea if you're trying to get anywhere with your military career. It may rear its ugly head, and prevent you from from doing some of the more interesting jobs the military has to offer.

Rolling sleeves up a little and unblousing your boots just helps disperse heat. I also unbutton my fly and undo most of the buttons on my blouse when I ruck. Most of the Marine Corps doesn't run almost the whole hump either.

This is from MCO 6200.1E-

h. Whenever feasible, wear loose clothing. Loose
clothing allows free air circulation to promote cooling
effect on the body. Avoid wearing tight fitted clothing.
Use sun-blocking lotions with appropriate sun protection
factor of 30 or more.

every hump I've done exceeds the strenuous work category listed in the enclosure. Minimum weight at ASPOC for a ruck is 45lbs plus water and chow, Minimum pace is 4 MPH. That's above the 40lbs load at 3.5 MPH on a hard surface listed. And those are bare minumums... I know a couple of guys and almost all the instructors ran the entire 10 mile ruck at ASPOC. One particular person I remember finished at a pace of under 9min per mile...

Sounds like an excuse to not blouse your boots and "be cool"; no different from the half roll on the sleeves. I've seen many Marines do the same thing.

Yeah, I know I'm a dick. I'll go ahead and bow out so you don't get mad. I don't want to blow your "I'm to HS to follow the MCO" mindset.
Haha I'll go with what multiple guys with a lot of experience and guys in SF have told me before. Next time you ruck run 10+ miles try to open all the "vents" you can and see how much cooler (not high school fashion cool but tempature cool) you stay.

I completely understand blousing boots and been all pretty in the rear around battalion. I follow the MCOs to the t but when the rest of the platoon is cut to go chill in their rooms and go to the chow hall and get fat, it seems ridiculous to see me putting out 100% on an activity bettering myself that no one else would think about doing and come after me.

AKkeith,

I am not the fashion police, and completely understand where you are coming from. There is nothing more dysfunctional than someone wanting more and working hard to prep for what we desire in this gunclub. It is fustraiting in a sense when your higher ups haven't PT'ed in quite some time, and they mess with you after your solid 49 minutes. BUT, what you are failing to realize is that you need some situational awareness to your surroundings. This could have easily been avoided all together. Just because we choose for better doesn't put us above the rules you have to abide by.

I understand that. Im not trying to act better or above the rules. Just trying to complete an event and train the hardest I can. Obviously from now on Im going to have to wear them or go out on the trails around my house to avoid this.

Greatest two words before any evolution..."un-blouse boots".

Exactly, EVENT. Unless otherwise advised, you shouldn't be running around with unbloused boots, unbuttoned blouses etc. There are too many belt fed retards in the Marine Corps who live and breathe MarAdmin bullshit that are out there looking to "Devil Dog" a junior Marine just because they can. They fail to realize the level of fitness you're trying to attain.

That being said, You know how we operate in the Marine Corps AKkeith. If you know this SSgt has a hard on for you, why are you sky lining yourself by doing shit you know is gonna give him ammo. Its December anyways, its not 95 and 100% Humidity in Camp Lejeune. You'll live without unblousing your boots, and you'll stay out of SSgt Belt Fed's sight. Good luck mate, stay focused and get selected so you don't have to deal with any more asshattery.

Oh yeah I'm definitely trying to stay a little lower now haha. He just took over the platoon and our last Platoon Sergeant was a fellow 03 and was more focused on what was important to mission accomplishment. Now we have a brig guy so were getting a lot tighter oe the admin side of things

Very nice! Congrats hoss. It was a very hard choice for me to try RECON or MARSOC, spent some long hours over it. All the best to you.

Are we still talking about this? Just low roll your boots. Seriously. I have ruck marched and done ruck runs with bloused and unbloused boots. Deal with it. If someone is going to life you out then blouse your damn boots. You will survive.

Back