MARSOC A&S September/October 2011

Take your pick. Oasis, Aria, Jeema, Nestle, Crystal...I don't think I've seen Oasis and Jeema for quite some time now. There's also 3 or 4 brands I've forgotten.

We've had one or two incidents where the water wasn't clean/ e. coli in it, and I've more than one pallet taste like liquid plastic.

Hayat is one of them

So I got an email today from some one higher in the chain than me. They wanted to know if I was going to drive or fly to A&S... As a student are you even allowed to have a POV at the course? I would understand if you were local but all the way from UT to NC...

So I got an email today from some one higher in the chain than me. They wanted to know if I was going to drive or fly to A&S... As a student are you even allowed to have a POV at the course? I would understand if you were local but all the way from UT to NC...

I drove my POV when I attended the course, we might of had a few late night food runs.

I drove my POV when I attended the course, we might of had a few late night food runs.

So POVs are allowed. Sweet! It still seems crazy to me that the Corps would let you drive that far. I don't think my junker could make it from here to there and live to tell the tale so I'm opting to fly. I would be nice to have the possibility of eating something other than chow hall food though... Wish I had a newer car lol

Not everybody has the option to drive, they have a formula to figure out the most cost effective way. The food I had at Selection was actually really good.

Well since I ended up giving a friend a ride home today and I don't have the time to drive back onto base for my ruckrun... I'm going to be running around the neighborhood with my pack on. I'm gonna feel really cool.

Saturday's my first 12 miler during this workup. I'm shooting for under 2:15. For today I want my 5 miler to be under 45 mikes.

edit:
Came in at 47:46 for my 5 miler today. Great time considering that I added hills to my route, which previously had been unaccounted for. I'd like to stay on target for a 2 hour 12 miler, but I might not be able to achieve that until the end of the prep course.

I'm going to see if I can squeeze in the the 12 mile hump before this hurricane hits us in Maryland. Safety is first here, so I'm just doing ~1.5 mile laps around base here so I can get back to the barracks if it gets too nasty out there.

So this week I found out my travel dates are almost a week before the report date I've been given. Is this the case with anyone else? Not that I mind an extra week to familiarize myself with the area, it just seems a little odd to be there a week early.

I second devilbones' post. Looking forward to hearing about all of you succeeding in A&S.

Well since I ended up giving a friend a ride home today and I don't have the time to drive back onto base for my ruckrun... I'm going to be running around the neighborhood with my pack on. I'm gonna feel really cool.

Saturday's my first 12 miler during this workup. I'm shooting for under 2:15. For today I want my 5 miler to be under 45 mikes.

edit:
Came in at 47:46 for my 5 miler today. Great time considering that I added hills to my route, which previously had been unaccounted for. I'd like to stay on target for a 2 hour 12 miler, but I might not be able to achieve that until the end of the prep course.

What kind of load and equipment on that 12-miler? sub-2:15 is faster than 11.5-minute miles, that's moving pretty good.

My guy that just went through RASP did his for record 12 miler in 2:11, and the ruck was 50lbs plus water, and had on full uniform and rack. He is extremely fit endurance wise, and I know he was in the top of his class.

I just had general questions about pre-A&S. How much outside contact do you have? Im married so just thinking about her and how to take care of all my affairs. And Ive heard its more of a build you up for A&S vibe not as much a break you down atmosphere. But this is a total shot in the dark.

Did a search to look for this, but I haven't been able to find out what strokes are specifically okay to utilizes at A&S. I would assume breast/side/CSS, however since it isn't specified, I figured I'd ask and get a solid answer.

http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/threads/marsoc-a-s-september-october-2011.10592/

^Checked out this thread, but it seemed to speak about BRC mostly, PRE Hitman being a CSO.

Any info is much appreciated.

I just had general questions about pre-A&S. How much outside contact do you have? Im married so just thinking about her and how to take care of all my affairs. And Ive heard its more of a build you up for A&S vibe not as much a break you down atmosphere. But this is a total shot in the dark.

IMO the best advice would be to make sure all your affairs are in order and your wife exspects to not hear from you before you leave. They didnt have ASPOC when I went through but I can say you will not have the chance to contact anyone during the selection phase. The ASPOC phase is supposed to ''better prepare you for the challenges you will face in selection". The whole ordeal is only 6ish weeks if you're worried whether your wife can take care of business or not for just 6 weeks you might want to reconsider that career route. 2 cents

Here's my update:

I got dropped at the end of ASPOC for not meeting the standards for the PFT. It was nobody's fault but my own. I did well on the swim and hikes and was told I'm more than welcome to come back, which I plan on doing. I'll answer any questions you may have.

Back