MARSOC A&S September/October 2011

Yeah, I'd say you're mint in the cardio department if you're running 5 miles while wearing your ruck. Your swimming shouldn't be too far behind either with that kind of endurance. The pull-ups will come, but if you want to speed it up, and you don't mind being sore for a couple days, look into weighted pull-ups. When I start feeling like my pull-ups are weak, I throw on the belt and hang a plate off of the chain, and bang out as many sets as it takes me until I reach 50. In between the sets I stretch my lats. It's a pretty painful session, but once I heal up I notice that my body feels lighter and 20 comes easy again.

I left out the ruck last weekend and just focused on legs in the gym. The next morning I was walking like a baby Giraffe! This is exactly what I needed because rucking wasn't making me sore. This little stunt put me back this week though, because yesterday my legs were still fucked and I couldn't run. This coming weekend I'm looking at doing a dead lift session in the morning before I ruck in the evening. I'm hoping it will boost my overall routine, and give me a little more drive.

I left out the ruck last weekend and just focused on legs in the gym. The next morning I was walking like a baby Giraffe! This is exactly what I needed because rucking wasn't making me sore. This little stunt put me back this week though, because yesterday my legs were still fucked and I couldn't run. This coming weekend I'm looking at doing a dead lift session in the morning before I ruck in the evening. I'm hoping it will boost my overall routine, and give me a little more drive.

Be careful to not fall into the trap of thinking you have to be sore for days in order for it to have been an effective workout. If you train hard 2 days a week and can barely move the other 5, then you do not have an effective training program.

Yeah I'm not always this sore. Lately I've completely ditched my normal leg routine because of all the rucking and running I've been doing. I think I'm as sore as I am because I caught my legs by surprise. I'm actually glad to see that I'm not the only one who notices people get addicted to the soreness of the gym - I'm obviously guilty of it. As for me, I usually only see physical/visual gains after I get sore though.

Yeah I'm not always this sore. Lately I've completely ditched my normal leg routine because of all the rucking and running I've been doing. I think I'm as sore as I am because I caught my legs by surprise. I'm actually glad to see that I'm not the only one who notices people get addicted to the soreness of the gym - I'm obviously guilty of it. As for me, I usually only see physical/visual gains after I get sore though.

It is very easy to get caught up in it because it feels like instant feedback. Your physical gains may not be as great as you think however, as psychologically you tend to think you made greater gains because you were sore. The thing I think many people lose sight of is the fact that working out intensely destroys your muscles. Recovering afterwards makes you stronger, faster, more powerful, etc. If your body never really has a chance to recover, then at some point you will start to experience not just injury, but diminishing returns. In other words, you will be training hard but getting weaker and slower. I have to constantly remind myself that while my training in preparation for SFAS needs to be intense, I should not try and recreate Selection on a weekly basis. From my very limited perspective, ( and if I am wrong, then please let me know) Selection is just that, Selection. It is not a sustainable training program with a volume designed to be accomplished week after week.

I'm going to continue to smoke myself when I'm not resting, because from what I've read and been told, A&S is the beginning. We should all be ready for the worst:-|. Personally, I'd rather be sore as fuck now than be way sore during Selection.

greetings people, I am new to this thread but not so much the site. I was 7051 crash fire rescue, and I got out after I was turned down reenlistment in my same job, cfr. (downsizing yadayada !semper fi! obama! forget the fact that I was looking at meritorious sgt, I think one of the biggest downfalls of the military is letting, rather paying some people 5 figures to stay green regardless of the fact that they suck as being people, leaders, and/or skillfull at their job) anyways I am currently in the I.R.R. , and having been shat on by the civilian side, federal side, and more contracting agencies than I can count, I am considering going back green. special forces appeals to me more so than anything else because you are dealing with people that wantt to be there, and hopefully

wtf, continued .. hopefully not a bunch of whiny babies from the staff nco's on down. anyways, I am 6'3, about 220lbs, 3 miles in about 20 minutes, etc, but I did a ruck hump the other day, just 3 miles and murdered my feet. I am guessing it is because I am 220lbs rather than the deviled lean sick bastard I use to be at around 180. I was wondering if anyone could flood my head with some knowledge on how to keep/maintain my feet in a rather healthier undamaged uncut manner via before during and after hikes and also if anyone knows of some ways to destress the knees after some strenous hiking. your guys help and input would be appreciated, thanks for your time.

Step 1: http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/pages/info/
Step 2: Use the search feature
Step 3: Use proper grammar, to include punctuation and capitalization
Step 4: Use the search feature
Step 5: All the guys with their names in green and/or red on this site like to see attention to detail and the ability to think for one's self...which includes, but is not limited to, providing a proper introduction and using the search function frequently to answer your own questions/not asking questions that can be answered by using the aforementioned search function (i.e. how do i maintain my feet?) or "Read More, Post Less."

id you mean SF or MARSOC since you posted in a MARSOC thread there, attention to detail...just trying to help out before the powers from above smell blood.[/quote]
Step 6: Try this forum as well http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/forums/sof-mentor-program.65/

Did you mean SF or MARSOC since you posted in a MARSOC thread there, attention to detail...just trying to help out before the powers from above smell blood.
We

It was my generalized understanding that they are one in the same, correct me if I am wrong, please. Also, I am in the process of putting in a package for MARSOC, via lazy prior service recruiters. Also I need to finish my intro, be back in a bit, your guy's input is appreciated / thanks for the heads up,'is friday'

Well..SF is the United States Army Special Forces and MARSOC is the United States Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command as far as differentiating between the two beyond that, that is going outside my lane and the gentlemen with green labels can/should/will be the only ones to go beyond that as its their profession not mine. In the mean time read the threads on both US Army and USMC SOF components that should highlight the similarities and differences between the two units until someone more knowledgeable comes around.

Ooo. I thought they were just different nomenclatures for the the same thing, I stand corrected. Gotta get back up to speed with all those high speed acronyms! Also, thanks for making me feel like a boot, screwzloose. Also, is the MARSOC A&S .... do they hump out with those old school ALICE packs, or those new school MOLLE packs with the ridiculous amount of straps, because I've just been humping with a Standard issue bootcamp sea-bag... but if I find that they are humping with ALICE packs, I'm going to change my regimen accordingly... I've heard so many different things from grunts and A&S washouts, so if I could get popped with some knowledge from someone at Pendleton, or from someone that has taken the course recently, of someone that just knows whatsup, I'd appreciate it. Domo

Steadythought, I would read up on MARSOC and the other special operations communities if I were you. This is a professional forum for veterans and active duty members of the special operations community. We welcome people from all walks of life but this is not a SOF fan club. We value maturity, discipline and above all else professionalism. We insist that our members utilize proper grammar, punctuation and most importantly, think about what they are posting before they post it. This is not an air-soft forum. The majority of the frequent contributers here have extensive SOF and combat experience. Not only have they earned entry into the community you wish to join, they have excelled there. I would recommend that you take take the lessons you learn here on board and drive on.

Can I not post here cause I am not active duty? Oh and my bad brother, but I am not a MARSOC Airsoft fanboy fucking hippie. Just cause I was a POG in the Marines doesn't make me any less hardcore than all you combat survived grunts. LOL no disrespect, but I have been shot at, in and out of the Marines, shot at as a firefighter, and if that doesn't make me a veteran and if that means I don't belong here, I will gladly step. I come here only seeking knowledge. If I am not welcome here, I will gladly get the fuck out. Am I simply in the wrong place or what? Is this not a thread for people attending MARSOC in the near future? ////some brotherhood, brother//// My bad for asking questions here, I thought this was the right place. I am currently pushing through the 10 week fitness prep//// I would ask my former mentor/grunt/turned crash fire rescue, but it hard to do cause he is not here anymore//// RIP Victor Cervantes //// and if I am in the wrong place(again I am only seeking knowledge) I will gladly leave all of you alone. SEMPER FI

I don't know how many times we have to say this, but I'll type it again in the hopes that it will wash away the silica-based deposits in my birth canal this morning. In no particular order of importance:

- SkrewzLoose and Teufel hit it on the head
- Let the staff be staff. If you want to run the site, Mod elections are coming up soon. If you see a bad post, use the Report feature (left middle of the post) and we'll take care of it. If you are goinig to step in, then look at it like this: Marines police Marines, Soldiers police Soldiers, Wannabes police nobody, Airmen police Airmen, etc.
- THIS NOT THE PLACE TO G2 COURSES. If you don't understand this or the "Why" behind it, feel free to PM myself or anyone with a Green Tag. There's a difference between helping you succeed and propping you up.

Now, before anyone gets all butthurt, take a deep breath, I'll sprinkle some holy water bottled in Afghanistan on you, and go forth and sin no more.

Carry on.

Can I not post here cause I am not active duty? Oh and my bad brother, but I am not a MARSOC Airsoft fanboy fucking hippie. Just cause I was a POG in the Marines doesn't make me any less hardcore than all you combat survived grunts. LOL no disrespect, but I have been shot at, in and out of the Marines, shot at as a firefighter, and if that doesn't make me a veteran and if that means I don't belong here, I will gladly step. I come here only seeking knowledge. If I am not welcome here, I will gladly get the fuck out. Am I simply in the wrong place or what? Is this not a thread for people attending MARSOC in the near future? ////some brotherhood, brother//// My bad for asking questions here, I thought this was the right place. I am currently pushing through the 10 week fitness prep//// I would ask my former mentor/grunt/turned crash fire rescue, but it hard to do cause he is not here anymore//// RIP Victor Cervantes //// and if I am in the wrong place(again I am only seeking knowledge) I will gladly leave all of you alone. SEMPER FI

Obviously everything I just said went way over your head. Congratulations for being shot at, I am sure that it was a harrowing experience. If you want mentorship, you have to abide by our rules. We don't care about your MOS, we care about your professionalism and maturity. Right now you are 0 for 2 in both categories.

I'll sprinkle some holy water bottled in Afghanistan on you, and go forth and sin no more.

Carry on.
What's the name of the stuff they got out there nowadays? In the middle of my deployment they had us throw away pallets of the shit we had currently because it supposedly was poisoned. Oasis? Derkamush? Something like that.

What's the name of the stuff they got out there nowadays? In the middle of my deployment they had us throw away pallets of the shit we had currently because it supposedly was poisoned. Oasis? Derkamush? Something like that.

Take your pick. Oasis, Aria, Jeema, Nestle, Crystal...I don't think I've seen Oasis and Jeema for quite some time now. There's also 3 or 4 brands I've forgotten.

We've had one or two incidents where the water wasn't clean/ e. coli in it, and I've more than one pallet taste like liquid plastic.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Banned.

Back