Measure's Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

measure

Unverified
Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave
First off, thank you for making this forum, I greatly appreciate the work you folks put into maintaining such a great online SOF community.

I'm a student in community college striving to serve in SOF. I've weighed my options and have narrowed them down to enlisting with an 18X enlistment option or an option 40. I'm leaning towards the 18X because of the maturity of the people and the more cerebral missions they undertake, but the only downside is that I don't quite qualify. I have read (and will continue to read) countless Ranger and SF articles, books, & threads and would be grateful for any feedback from the BTDTs in regard to their first hand experiences with them.

Thank you and God bless.

There are plenty of guys here, old and young - with scren names in green who, I'm pretty sure give you more advice than you ever wanted.

There may a little Troll who comes along to talk to you. maybe not. He's getting old, and staying under his Bridge more.

There are many here who know a heluva lot more about it than me......but think about what I said, and then be prepared to be ''schooled" by all the old (and young -sorry guys) guys here who have BTDT and know more about it. Never discount yourself or you don't even need to start the race. It's like being a runner and then trying to suddenly ride a bike race for the first time - sure ya wanna do that?

Again, there's already plenty of info here just in case you don't know how to spell "search." Prolly all the info you need to get started.

Welcome aboard!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! car was too fast, too polite and too politically correct for me to rant about search buttons. He must be gunning to stay a moderator.

Welcome. I've been know to bite hard enough to draw blood on occasion - but only if deserved. I am the watch Troll.

Welcome!!

Ahem, I another name that's in the hat. :doh::p

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! car was too fast, too polite and too politically correct for me to rant about search buttons. He must be gunning to stay a moderator.

Welcome. I've been know to bite hard enough to draw blood on occasion - but only if deserved. I am the watch Troll.

I'm fully aware of the ever so hidden search function; I've used it numerous times, but was hoping the BTDTs would reveal some new comparisons about Rangers and SF.

Just in case I misinformed anyone, by "don't quite qualify" I was referring to not meeting the qualifications/requirements for the 18X enlistment option, and the one I didn't meet was age. I understand that
if you want something bad enough then just do it
, so I'm willing to do work in order to obtain an 18X enlistment option.

Just in case I misinformed anyone, by "don't quite qualify" I was referring to not meeting the qualifications/requirements for the 18X enlistment option, and the one I didn't meet was age. I understand that , so I'm willing to do work in order to obtain an 18X enlistment option.

Thanks for the explanation! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back