Medical. : Intro/Qualifications/Goals

That's not nice. LMFAO. It is however funny but when the P.J.'s here see this, I would love to be a fly on the wall here...:ROFLMAO:

F.M.
Let me just say that there are 40 or 50 other very butthurt comments I have typed/deleted/rage quit on.

Keep it up, nerds!

And no, using the proper hair product only enhances the beret and extends it's life. That's science.

Let me just say that there are 40 or 50 other very butthurt comments I have typed/deleted/rage quit on.

Keep it up, nerds!

And no, using the proper hair product only enhances the beret and extends it's life. That's science.

You didn't answer my questions... Now you owe me ice cream, seared animal flesh and beer.

You didn't answer my questions... Now you owe me ice cream, seared animal flesh and beer.
Threaten me with a good time, go ahead. I might even be home long enough this summer to make it happen!

Bring your boy @Firemedic and I'll include single barrel and some cigars.

Threaten me with a good time, go ahead. I might even be home long enough this summer to make it happen!

Bring your boy @Firemedic and I'll include single barrel and some cigars.

Have you tried the Glenlivet/Davis Nadurra? Nice Cask Strength Single Malt... But if you have to give me Bourbon, I like some Blanton's... a lot...

If you like wine, I can bring a few bottles of good stuff from my favorite local winery.

After a very short stint of catching babies, I've been moved to the Med Surge Ward and could not be happier. We get a high variety of patients, I have a great chain of command, it's all very good right now. It's still in-patient care as opposed to the field medicine that I wanted to do when I joined, but I've learned so much between picking the doc and nurses brains trial by fire. I am genuinely enjoying the medicine I'm learning/doing right now, and thoroughly look forward to advancing my learning.

After a very short stint of catching babies, I've been moved to the Med Surge Ward and could not be happier. We get a high variety of patients, I have a great chain of command, it's all very good right now. It's still in-patient care as opposed to the field medicine that I wanted to do when I joined, but I've learned so much between picking the doc and nurses brains trial by fire. I am genuinely enjoying the medicine I'm learning/doing right now, and thoroughly look forward to advancing my learning.

It is so very refreshing to hear that you are enjoying your time in caring for people. It is so easy to get caught up in the demands of caring for people who are ill, or injured, or in need of care. Caught up in those demands, it can easily change one's focus away from the very reason we entered the field of health care. I admire you quest for knowledge. Keep picking those brains, learn to find paths to information that will further answer your questions; and trigger even deeper questions. We need health care providing people at every level, myself included. Stay with it, it will bring you rewards that you never dreamed of. There are a lot of great thinkers and doers here on this site, so you may be able to learn from members on this board. Thanks again for sharing your passion of health care with us; I know that I appreciate it.

I think the best ACLS recert I had was when the instructor had us actually play our rolls. One guy was a dentist IRL, I was a Paramedic and we had a few nurses. We had to pass and know all the usual stuff but for a practical part he gave us what we would have so others (mainly the nurses TBH, they complained the whole time about the lack of EMS doing anything important:rolleyes::-/) would see what we actually had to work with.

It really helped some of the people there to see exactly how things happen, the dentist had never really seen it from start to "finish", the nurses had no idea what we could walk into at a scene.

*edit* Sorry for the rambling trip down memory lane, I'll go have my tea now.:-x

I've been regional faculty ever since I bought that high speed DVD player....

*Yes, Sheldon. That was sarcasm.

Yep. I try to not kill with power point or video. I try to add my own stuff including running full codes, having crews walk into a "house". I recruit EMT-B's into "first arrival" and also add other than the typical V-Fib arrests into play. Usually works good but there is always somebody, know it all if you will that thinks they do not need to practice or do this stuff. I try.

F.M.

A favorite code I like to add, or 2: For the experienced paramedics.

(1): 52 male, drop at home, witnessed arrest after diaylisis t/x.
(2): 22 female, overdose on Doxepin, unresponsive and seizing upon EMS arrival and codes soon after arrival.
(3): For added pleasure. 68 male, bradycardic / high degree block, non responsive to pacing and pressors and 2 empty bottles of Lopressor in kitchen...

F.M.

A favorite code I like to add, or 2: For the experienced paramedics.

(1): 52 male, drop at home, witnessed arrest after diaylisis t/x.
(2): 22 female, overdose on Doxepin, unresponsive and seizing upon EMS arrival and codes soon after arrival.
(3): For added pleasure. 68 male, bradycardic / high degree block, non responsive to pacing and pressors and 2 empty bottles of Lopressor in kitchen...

F.M.

Interesting, since they all require the medic to know his/her pharma and A&P. How many people quickly see the cAMP issue in #3 and reach for the Glucagon?

Back