"MEPS War Hero" video

LMAO, he is wearing his fucking spurs! He supposedly has all these bad ass awards and he chose to use spurs to impress these kids... I would be impressed if he could find a way to remove his hands from his pockets. There are no more tots in your pocket tubby!

I noticed the hands-in-pockets but didn't notice the spurs at first. I guess that's his Cav hat on the podium too.

It's too bad that people just can't be who they really are. I've done this kind of talk before, those young men would have been impressed enough standing there with a "real" officer who had been to combat. Could have just left it at that, no need to embellish.

This is a case in point about how important it is to always comport yourself as if what you were doing/saying might end up on YouTube for the world to see. Because guess what- it just might.

Of course we get an email:

I am writing to request the forum at the below link be removed. My likeness has been published without permission and violates almost everything outlined in section 10 of the terms and rules.

Sorry hero, but you aren't a member, so it doesn't apply. Furthermore, your "likeness" is hosted on youtube. Good luck getting them to take it down.

I don't like seeing any servicemember portrayed in a bad light, but when you do it to yourself I think that kind of changes the equation. If some evidence were to come to light that proves everything said in the video is true, then that warrants a re-think, or if a public apology were to be made, same thing. But the boss is right- nothing in this thread violates our rules or as far as I can tell any law, so I agree with him that the thread should stay. If no one decides to keep making it an issue, in a week or so people will have moved on and this subject will be forgotten. For now I think it's a good learning point.

Well, now that we know how not to do it, maybe we can have a mini case study to discuss what a better course of action may have been. If I were to do a MEPS in-brief now, I like to think I would say something like this:

/////

Gentlemen, I signed up for the Army in a time of peace, when war was merely a distant possibility. But you are joining knowing that warfare is not a possibility for you, it is an absolute certainty. By enlisting now, you are demonstrating the kinds of unmitigated selflessness and bravery that have made our country great. I am confident that these traits will serve you well on the field of battle, as they did for millions of men and women who served their country in a time of trouble.

I salute you, and welcome you to the Profession of Arms. My congratulations, and I am proud to call you "brother."

What a lying piece of shit!

I hope he is at the very least counseled for his lack of honor.
I despise leaders like this this bullshitting braggart.

I love it! "My likeness is being used" not "Hey, that isn't ME in this thread!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

To think this fat bastard took the same oath I did.

bucket-of-fail-demotivational-poster-1219470671.jpg

"So, there I was, knee deep in grenade pins and out of copenhagen........."

Dude, save everybody else the hassle....reach up with both hands and just start chocking the shit out of yourself before you feel the urge next time to be a fucking retard spilling bullshit to 3 year olds.......

Fuckin idiot. :rolleyes:

If some evidence were to come to light that proves everything said in the video is true, then that warrants a re-think, or if a public apology were to be made, same thing.

Even if this were the case, I stand by my comment that the guy is a fucking clown. There's no need for him to go running his suck to a bunch of new swear-ins about how he did this and that.

"It's a sick joke that I'm here." You're existence is a sick joke you fat fucking tool. Do us all a favor and hit yourself in the face with a hammer as hard as you can until you knock yourself out. When you wake up, repeat the above process times infinity.

Of course we get an email:

Sorry hero, but you aren't a member, so it doesn't apply. Furthermore, your "likeness" is hosted on youtube. Good luck getting them to take it down.
You need to post the email with email address included.

Airborne and Air Assault soldiers get PCS’ed like everyone else. I have met more than a few HSLD soldiers who ended up in Mech & Stryker units. That said, it sounds like this dude is talking out of his ass to impress a few DEP’ers and that is retarded. More than a few retards that try to sound cool like this, I have never paid them much attention and I doubt anyone else really does. It’s just a bunch of lip service to tell a bunch of kid’s thanks for choosing to serve your country.

That said, I don’t see a need to question his “legitimacy” as we all know it’s a bunch of crap. I doubt some HSLD officer is going to be tasked with the duties of swearing in new recruits, nor do I think that officer would be saying all of that crap, while standing with his hands in his pockets, if he was aware he was being videotaped. I am sure whoever his CO is, once the video was seen, this dumbshit got a good talkin too.

Lesson to be learned here, don’t try to act cool by talking out of your ass and standing with your hands in your pockets, because someone will have a cell phone or camcorder out. You will never go wrong with following the regulations and telling the truth. If you are going to be a dumbass, make sure you are not being video'ed.....as a bunch of young Soldiers and Marines are finding out now.:rolleyes:

JAB- I was doubting his veracity by his not wearing the proper insignia/combat patch to back up his claims, the stetson on the lectern and the spurs on his boots... The 2ID Strykers here at Lewis are very capable and should be proud of their deployments, without embellishing.

Remember, Audie Murphy was tasked with recruiting and war bond sales.

1. CPT Jeremy Gumeringer. Stationed at Ft. Lewis deployed with 8-1 CAV out of 5/2 SBCT to Spin Boldak southern Afghanistan (Kandahar Provence) as a Troop XO. TRP CDR was Rick Montcolm and SCO was William Clark (currently post commander at Fort Riley, Ks.)No Airborne wings, no Air Assault, not shot, got blown up in a Stryker shortly before re-deployment (Was out on patrol because he hadnt been outside the wire much through the deployment lounging on the floor of the Stryker)but walked away with a knee injury. Nowhere near Torra Bora. Volunteered for duty at MEPS in AZ to be closer to family. No Soldiers from 8-1 got killed. This is sad that this guy had to lie about what he had done to try to get the respect (or “motivate”) these new recruits.
Take this for what its worth, it is on 'this aint hell's' page

Why do all Armor Officer's think they are George Patton?
Funny thing, douche-nozzle probably has a Purple Heart, and could actually made a decent speech to these guys.
Wonder if the MEPS PA enjoyed the YouTube link I sent?

I am a decorated war hero. I have eaten ice cream on the boardwalk in Kandahar and heard the IDF Alarm and ran to a bunker. I have narrowly escaped death as a vehicle travelling upwards of 10 kph almost took me out because they could not see my reflective belt during the hours of darkness. I have spent countless hours on youtube in formerly enemy held territoy. I have dropped live ordinance... I have flown over the mountains of Tora Bora. I have confronted combat weary troops in Manis that forgot to shave because they just came off the battlefield. And lastly, gentlemen, I have tasted the agony of a failed PT test many times, I have held my "cramping" leg as I cried and I have seen others like me tout undeserved stories of glory and perserverance. Gentlemen, you're entering the military during a time of war, and for that, I respect me, you should respect me, and everyone else should respect me because am the equivilant of a general manager and I drive a Dodge Stratus.

I am a decorated war hero. I have eaten ice cream on the boardwalk in Kandahar and heard the IDF Alarm and ran to a bunker. I have narrowly escaped death as a vehicle travelling upwards of 10 kph almost took me out because they could not see my reflective belt during the hours of darkness. I have spent countless hours on youtube in formerly enemy held territoy. I have dropped live ordinance... I have flown over the mountains of Tora Bora. I have confronted combat weary troops in Manis that forgot to shave because they just came off the battlefield. And lastly, gentlemen, I have tasted the agony of a failed PT test many times, I have held my "cramping" leg as I cried and I have seen others like me tout undeserved stories of glory and perserverance. Gentlemen, you're entering the military during a time of war, and for that, I respect me, you should respect me, and everyone else should respect me because am the equivilant of a general manager and I drive a Dodge Stratus.

Exactly! and people wonder why I'm pushing to get off the FOB. :rolleyes:

Back