Military athlete

CorpsmanUp

Unverified
I recently just started doing the Military Athlete operator sessions. Looking at the endurance cycle of the programming, there is a lot of rucking. I'm looking for a ruck that isn't going to hurt my traps and that isn't going to cost me too much money. I'm only going to be using it for training. Thoughts?

This may not be the advice your looking for, but I'll tell you anyway. I have never found a ruck that doesn't cause me pain. We carry a lot of weight over long periods so it's bound to start hurting eventually. I have tons of time under 3 different issued packs and 1 civilian pack. The best advice I can give is when you have that bag on your back try to limit the time as much as possible if you can.

I'm looking for a ruck that isn't going to hurt my traps

Bwahahaha!

As the esteemed Canuck alluded to, there is no such thing.

Anything decent, that will be "better" for your back will cost money. For example the NICE frame from Mysteryranch.

Last edited:
Either buy an old ruck from a surplus store or head to your local REI and find a pack that you will get some actual use out of for PT and personal use.

Either buy an old ruck from a surplus store or head to your local REI and find a pack that you will get some actual use out of for PT and personal use.

I picked up an old ALICE pack a few years ago for <$50 that does the job quite nicely. As @ProPatria pointed out, it doesn't turn bricks into pillows, but it was a solid investment.

Could somebody PM me a copy of the MA program? I've been trying to get my hands on it for a while now....

Back