MKD B.A.B.O. Back Alley Bottle Opener

Gary Melton

Verified SOF
Ok.. I showed this to the guys over on PS so I thought it only right to get my brothers on SS's thoughts on this too.
I wanted to make a line of inconspicuous self defense weapons. Items that you can carry and are indeed weapons but dont draw attention. I hope this is the first of a long line of such tools. This is the B.A.B.O. (back alley bottle opener). You can put it on your key ring, no one will think anything of it and even bring it into a bar, but you have a very effective weapon if and when you need it. It's perfect for women, it's obviously easy to use and requires no special training and yes... it will open a bottle. This is just the prototype I hade cut out, the production ones will have all the corners nice and rounded, it will be blasted, look pretty, and be logo'd.
AAR it up. The GOOD the BAD the UGLY

smaller pic babo.jpg 100_4489.JPG 100_4490.JPG 100_4491.JPG

What kind of damage to the finger could be expected from punching someone in the face with it?

It would be interesting to have it seated inside a belt buckle, attached via a strong magnet. Stays in place and is quickly accessible when the occasion calls for pops.

What kind of damage to the finger could be expected from punching someone in the face with it?

It would be interesting to have it seated inside a belt buckle, attached via a strong magnet. Stays in place and is quickly accessible when the occasion calls for pops.
Well.. I wouldnt expect any, but anything can happen I guess. I have punched a ton of materials with different densities and have had no injuries from the BABO itself. On the prototype there, that I had cut out just to have a proto to figure out what needed to change, the sharp corners that rested in the palm did hurt but no blood drawn or anything but I always intended of rounding everything. So dont expect any self inflicted injuries.
I REALLY like your idea of magnetic belt buckle. I will have to put further thought into, not necessarily for this item but maybe one of the big trendy belt buckles concealing dual punch daggers or something.. :sneaky:

Gary, that is a great little toy, I like it alot!

I would maybe look at rounding off the piece that sits against the palm so the corners don't damage the palm when striking. .02c

I have a belt buckle punch dagger belt somewhere, very nice indeed, I'm a fan of punch weapons.

man... I would buy something like that.. but I'm pretty sure brass knuckles and the likes aren't legal up here.
........Moose knuckles on the other hand..........

I like your work. Cheers.
Thats the point.. it's a bottle opener!:mad: Officer.. seriously..it's a bottle opener..:-";)

I think I won.... gotcha last, I quit....:ROFLMAO:
like this one...

23108.jpg

I think it's a good idea, and if you make it so you can attach it to a key chain you might even be able to get away with calling it a bottle opener. I think if you modify it too much more or if you design it so it can be hidden, it becomes much more conspicuously a concealed weapon, with all the baggage that entails.

Back