MOS and becoming a Ranger

Kitz

Ranger wannabe
Unverified
I'm trying to figure out what MOS I need to take to become a Ranger. Cav. Scout is the most appealing MOS to me, but how does that work out in terms of getting to Special Operations? If I choose Infantry then I'm almost guaranteed a contract to go Airborne and RASP. Input from anyone who's been in my shoes and became a Ranger would be much appreciated.

Not quite sure how you can be a Cavalry Scout in Regiment.

Airborne tanker, it's a new MOS :D

Exit the aircraft begin count, one thousand, two thousand CRASH! :doh: lol

I'm trying to figure out what MOS I need to take to become a Ranger. Cav. Scout is the most appealing MOS to me, but how does that work out in terms of getting to Special Operations? If I choose Infantry then I'm almost guaranteed a contract to go Airborne and RASP. Input from anyone who's been in my shoes and became a Ranger would be much appreciated.

Seems to me you answered your own question, go Infantry.

(I'm not a Ranger)

Low Altitude Parachute Extraction - An a/c would fly 5 or so feet off the ground and a large drogue chute would be released, pulling the cargo out (which was mounted on a pallet). They killed a couple of crews doing this, one was in front of a crowd IIRC during a demonstration, and they've pretty much abandoned the whole thing.

Low Altitude Parachute Extraction - An a/c would fly 5 or so feet off the ground and a large drogue chute would be released, pulling the cargo out (which was mounted on a pallet). They killed a couple of crews doing this, one was in front of a crowd IIRC during a demonstration, and they've pretty much abandoned the whole thing.

Free where did you here this, they have been doing one form or another of LAPES since the 60's. I rigged and JAI"ed a bunch of em.

OK, ive seen that a bunch on videos etc...

Did away with it? wow, i'm surprised, seemed like a great idea and if you are too dumb to get out of the way as a loadie.... well then Darwin is always there to say G'day!

Free where did you here this, they have been doing one form or another of LAPES since the 60's. I rigged and JAI"ed a bunch of em.

The accident? I may very well be mistaken about them not using it or not using it a lot now, but I know the accident happened (Wiki link below).

Back