MOS and becoming a Ranger

Kitz

Ranger wannabe
Unverified
I'm trying to figure out what MOS I need to take to become a Ranger. Cav. Scout is the most appealing MOS to me, but how does that work out in terms of getting to Special Operations? If I choose Infantry then I'm almost guaranteed a contract to go Airborne and RASP. Input from anyone who's been in my shoes and became a Ranger would be much appreciated.

pardus

Verified Military
Not quite sure how you can be a Cavalry Scout in Regiment.

Airborne tanker, it's a new MOS :D

Exit the aircraft begin count, one thousand, two thousand CRASH! :doh: lol

I'm trying to figure out what MOS I need to take to become a Ranger. Cav. Scout is the most appealing MOS to me, but how does that work out in terms of getting to Special Operations? If I choose Infantry then I'm almost guaranteed a contract to go Airborne and RASP. Input from anyone who's been in my shoes and became a Ranger would be much appreciated.

Seems to me you answered your own question, go Infantry.

(I'm not a Ranger)

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
SOF Support
Low Altitude Parachute Extraction - An a/c would fly 5 or so feet off the ground and a large drogue chute would be released, pulling the cargo out (which was mounted on a pallet). They killed a couple of crews doing this, one was in front of a crowd IIRC during a demonstration, and they've pretty much abandoned the whole thing.

EATIII

Ranger
Verified SOF
Low Altitude Parachute Extraction - An a/c would fly 5 or so feet off the ground and a large drogue chute would be released, pulling the cargo out (which was mounted on a pallet). They killed a couple of crews doing this, one was in front of a crowd IIRC during a demonstration, and they've pretty much abandoned the whole thing.

Free where did you here this, they have been doing one form or another of LAPES since the 60's. I rigged and JAI"ed a bunch of em.

pardus

Verified Military

OK, ive seen that a bunch on videos etc...

Did away with it? wow, i'm surprised, seemed like a great idea and if you are too dumb to get out of the way as a loadie.... well then Darwin is always there to say G'day!

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
SOF Support
Free where did you here this, they have been doing one form or another of LAPES since the 60's. I rigged and JAI"ed a bunch of em.

The accident? I may very well be mistaken about them not using it or not using it a lot now, but I know the accident happened (Wiki link below).