Mountain of Poo on Mt. Everest

No joke. Might as well get a cable car system for that 400 lb dude that wants the "I climbed Everest" tshirt from the aforementioned gift shop!

"Earlier this year, China opened a new paved road that winds 14,000 feet up the slope and stops at the base camp parking lot. Plans are in the works to build an international mountaineering center, complete with hotels, restaurants, training facilities, and search-and-rescue services. There will even be a museum."

:wall::wall::wall:

That EXACT thing happened in Azerbaijan. I climbed there twice (back when it was hard) and they paved the road so they could build a ski resort. Fucked the place up completely.

Unlike in Georgia, where climbing is fairly common, the local Azeris thought we were crazy. The border guards were not impressed at all.

That EXACT thing happened in Azerbaijan. I climbed there twice (back when it was hard) and they paved the road so they could build a ski resort. Fucked the place up completely.

Unlike in Georgia, where climbing is fairly common, the local Azeris thought we were crazy. The border guards were not impressed at all.

Can you see the Caspian from the summit?

Back