Multiple people were killed in a shooting during a video game tournament

Kraut783

SOF Support
Geeez....video game tournament? RIP to the victims.

Multiple people were killed in a shooting during a video game tournament at a shopping and dining complex in downtown Jacksonville, Florida, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said Sunday afternoon.
Preliminary reports say 11 people were shot, four of them fatally, at the Jacksonville Landing, according to a law enforcement official briefed on the incident.
One suspect, identified only as a white man, is dead at the scene, Sheriff Mike Williams said at a news conference, adding that there were no outstanding suspects.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/26/us/jacksonville-madden-shooting/index.html

Happened about 8 miles from me. The suspect apparently was a gamer at the tournament that lost. Before the word was out there was a live stream of it where a laser is seen on one of the player's chest seconds before shots rang out (Fox conveniently covered up that part when they play the video if you're already familiar with it). You can see the laser on the player on the right at about 25 seconds just as the picture switches to the game. Afterward, you hear the shots. Fair warning, it is loud so lower your volume.

As @AWP can attest, the Landing is a shit hole that has been in steady decline over the years. Most of the businesses have left, and services are way too expensive there. Coupled with a recent surge in violent crime throughout the city (and at the Landing in particular), well the Sheriff and the Mayor are not likely to win their re-elections.

ETA: updated link

Last edited:
Rest In Peace to the victims of yet another useless waste of lives! These types of incidents are getting old....

I'm an asshole that is going straight to hell. My no kidding first thoughts were:

- You need people to have a mass shooting so the Landing doesn't count.
- That's the first interesting thing down there in 20 years.
- J-ville's arming the homeless? That's a bad idea.

Of course, none of that has anything to do with the shooting.

Blue Skies.

Douche bag gamers.
My niece is big into gaming, and some of the on-line folks get pretty pissed when they lose (especially to a "girl").
Glad the shooter off'd himself. Too bad he took others with him.
MD gun laws fail again.

I hate video games. I’m not one to legislate people’s lives but if we moved away from them as a society I wouldn’t be sad. People are losing their fucking minds, and now lives, over that stupid shit. Read a book and go outside you fucks.

Gonna go on a rant here.

I've been watching the news and checking Twitter (my fault I know), and I've seen calls for gun control, legislation of violent video games, to the elimination of "toxic masculinity". Oh and don't forget the always present "RACISM".

Have we ever thought that the dude was just a little bitch? A little bitch that can't handle losing at something and taking a little bit of shit talk? A little bitch that instead of having the self respect and decency to take a hot bath with a razor blade he decided to take out his frustration on the people around him? I swear to fuck every one of these dumb little cunts are always, always the same kind of asshole. It's always some kind of sped that goes on a killing spree, some loser at life that can't handle what life throws at them no matter how fucking trivial it is, as in this case fucking videogames.

Jesus fuck, guns aren't the problem, racism isn't the problem, video games aren't the problem, it's because David Katz and others like him are too thingly skinned, too fucking mentally underdeveloped to realize that every time their feelings are hurt or life throws them a curveball that it's not the end of the world. Or, just not realize that they should at the very least, have the self respect to off themselves in the privacy of their own home instead of taking it out on those around them.

Back