Muscle movements

H

HoundDog

Today I've been having a muscle in my right arm flex randomly . Its not enough to move my arm , at best it just makes the skin move a little bit, and I feel it flexing . Is it normal-ish or should I see a doctor or something? Also could it be related to my weights I moved my partially built boflex :doh:up to 210 a while ago but, lately my reps have been harder. I'm skipping the weights tonight . What should I do?

Drink some Gatorade and call me in the morning.;)

"good Gatorade" or just Gatorade ;) Before I tried popping my shoulder in and out to see if that would stop the muscle , but it didn't Its still going but its less noticeable now.

Sounds like you tweaked your muscle from overworking it - let it rest for a few days and perhaps take some ibuprofen to help any welling that might happen - if it keeps up, go see your doctor.

Before I tried popping my shoulder in and out to see if that would stop the muscle.

Don't do that for fucks sake, good way to wear your joint out and encourage it to pop out more.

Where are the medics?

Sounds like you tweaked your muscle from overworking it - let it rest for a few days and perhaps take some ibuprofen to help any welling that might happen - if it keeps up, go see your doctor.

I agree. Just skip to your rest cycle early and wait until you would normally start your routine again. Your muscles should be good by then. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and the thing with ibuprofen for minor "sports medicine" is to use smaller doses and keep it in your system. Just take the smarties with meals and lots of water. ;)

gdamadg, how long does it take for a theraputic antiinflammitory level of ibuprofen to be built up in a human?

Yeah I get it too, kinda weird but meh
What I do get sometimes that is a real pain in the ass is restless leg syndrome at night.

yea man, these guys are right with hydrating, and replenishing your electrolytes with Gatorade. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i remember that a potassium deficiency could also be the cause of muscle fasciculations (tremors). So give a banana a shot too. And don't pop your arm:bleh: bad juju.

gdamadg, how long does it take for a theraputic antiinflammitory level of ibuprofen to be built up in a human?

Ibuprofen has a dose-dependent duration of action of approximately 4–8 hours, which is longer than suggested by its short half-life. The recommended dose varies with body mass and indication.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibuprofen

As stated above 4-8 hours relatively. So if you take a single dose, by the time it starts working on the symptoms the dosage is "wearing off". So a low dose over a 12-24 hour recovery period would be prudent to relieving any inflammation. Or he could just suck it up and deal with the pain. ;)

Yeah I get it too, kinda weird but meh
What I do get sometimes that is a real pain in the ass is restless leg syndrome at night.
That sucks my dad gets that too. Have you tried sleeping in a recliner I think that helps him.
yea man, these guys are right with hydrating, and replenishing your electrolytes with Gatorade. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i remember that a potassium deficiency could also be the cause of muscle fasciculations (tremors). So give a banana a shot too. And don't pop your arm:bleh: bad juju.
I'm trying to drink more ...whats a juju
bwahahahaha

seriously, does it hurt or it is just annoying. that shit happens to me all the time. Rub some dirt on it.
Its just annoying like someone inside of you poking you
Eat some ba~NAN~as!:cool:
I-D-Ont Ha-ve any
"sports medicine" Just take the smarties with meals and lots of water. ;)
Thanks but no thanks I only take what comes from a good Doc or advil
Thanks all

Back