Muscle movements

That sucks my dad gets that too. Have you tried sleeping in a recliner I think that helps him.

I'm trying to drink more ...whats a juju :doh:

Its just annoying like someone inside of you poking you :uhh:

I-D-Ont Ha-ve any (Does no one get my Gwen reference??? Sheesh!)

Thanks but no thanks I only take what comes from a good Doc or advil
Thanks all }:-) :chill:

See notes above!

Not that I ever prescribed any drugs myself, but I recommended them as part of the care plan for many a patient and was blessed off on my assessment and plan, so I guess I knew what I was doing to an extent.

Ibuprofen has demonstrated anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activity.

Following a single 200 mg dose of ibuprofen in humans, blood levels were demonstrable in 45 minutes and still present in 6 hours but at barely detectable levels. Peak serum iduprofen levels are generally attained 1 to 1.5 hours after administration of an ibuprofen tablet. With single doses up to 800 mg, a linear relation-ship exists between amount of drug administered and the integrated area under the serum drug concentration vs time curve. Above 800 mg, however, the area under the curve increases less than proportional to increases in dose. There is no evidence of drug accumulation or enzyme induction.

Motrin has no effect on muscle spasms. It's a anti-inflammitory mild pain reliever and fever reducer. It's most major initial noticable effect is the pain relief it provides and the fever reduction, however it takes theraputic levels of 800mg TID x 2 weeks usually to actually have any significant antiinflammitory effect of any post-injury use.

Considering that inflammation of muscle tissue through regular exercise is actually benificial (getting your "Swell" on) if you are not actually injured from the exercise, there's no purpose to taking it... pain is weakness leaving the body and all that. It may actually be counter-productive to an extent. If you have a recurring injury you may be better served by kicking it up a notch by using Aleve (naproxen) rather than ibuprofen.

If you are actually injured in some way, your best course of action is to see a medical professional to be assessed and treated.

Increasing your potassium intake via a banana a day or other methods of regular nutritional adjustment would benifit you more with regards to muscle spasms, cramping, etc. Proper hydration also will be of benifit.

From my experience with "twitches" the above comments about diet modification and proper hydration is the most effective solution, rather than resorting immediately to little white pills.

It is a muscle spasm. Happens when small muscles are over exerted. Take nothing and drink water. Stretching is the key. Before and after every weight exercise regiment. I get um all the time. Nothing to worry about. Just stretch all the muscle groups. Moving bones is NOT smart. Hope this helps...oh...and stay away from the witch doctor. He is looking for a troll to hex:confused:

Bananas are full of potassium and help with lactic acid build up in the muscle tissues. Spasms are not effected by potassium but are good before any hi rep exercise EXCEPT sheep buggery.

Back