My Random TV Thread

I'm going to be watching the final episode tonight. Overall, I've liked season 4. One of the things I've liked is that the episodes are almost feature length. (Like Game of Thrones final season was supposed to be but wasn't.) So I like the fact they put more production into it.

EDIT

Finished the series. Last episode was a little dialogue-heavy at the end, but I wasn't disappointed. They left it open for a sequel or maybe a movie.
They're supposedly working on the 5th and final season now. Probably another 1 1/2+ years out.

Ted Lasso is a 100% direct ripoff of the movie Major League (female owner of a professional sports team tries to tank the team for personal reasons by doing anything she can to sabotage the team; the team instead rallies behind their coach and wins!).

That being said, I don't even care. That show is freaking great. I have knocked out like 5-6 episodes. Well done, Ted Lasso. I was in a show-hole, and you saved me.

Ted Lasso is a 100% direct ripoff of the movie Major League (female owner of a professional sports team tries to tank the team for personal reasons by doing anything she can to sabotage the team; the team instead rallies behind their coach and wins!).

That being said, I don't even care. That show is freaking great. I have knocked out like 5-6 episodes. Well done, Ted Lasso. I was in a show-hole, and you saved me.
I've heard good things but I'm not willing to pay for Apple TV to see it.

I just finished the Terminal List and it was pretty good. It was as if Arya Stark and John Wick had a baby, but that would be gross because she's a minor in the books. Anywho, I enjoyed the series. Solid casting, a few plot twists, SEALs with hatchets because...why not, and Antoine Fuqua is solid.

Pros: good cast, good script, solid pacing on the story, Riley Keough, and the ending was great.
Cons: A little hokey at times, 4 1/2 hours of flashbacks to the same scene with his daughter, Riley Keough's clothes, checked the blocks for all of the gun bro culture out there, and for once can we get a story where the protagonist doesn't have a pile of money and tech nerds driving him forward to a violent end? Need some bank records? I know the greeter at Walmart who doubles as an international hacker sans pareil.

Good series though, worth your time.

I just finished the Terminal List and it was pretty good. It was as if Arya Stark and John Wick had a baby, but that would be gross because she's a minor in the books. Anywho, I enjoyed the series. Solid casting, a few plot twists, SEALs with hatchets because...why not, and Antoine Fuqua is solid.

Pros: good cast, good script, solid pacing on the story, Riley Keough, and the ending was great.
Cons: A little hokey at times, 4 1/2 hours of flashbacks to the same scene with his daughter, Riley Keough's clothes, checked the blocks for all of the gun bro culture out there, and for once can we get a story where the protagonist doesn't have a pile of money and tech nerds driving him forward to a violent end? Need some bank records? I know the greeter at Walmart who doubles as an international hacker sans pareil.

I believe we have a thread on this somewhere else.

For the first time in forever the book and the movie series are each great in their own right.

Last edited:

Answers or Blood....? 8-):ROFLMAO:

I'm crushing about a show a week, its hard to get thru 60 min on a treadmill without something. Terminal List, Reacher, The Boys, and for some reason I had not finished the Witcher.

Ciri has the capes of being the new Arya

:ninja::thumbsup:

On Patrol Live...aka Live PD v2.0..is on Reelz. Kind of a guilty pleasure.

I record it then watch it during the week so I can FF through the boring parts and commercials.

It’s an enriching experience because it exposes me to the vast cross-section of American dirtbags whom I normally don’t encounter. And it confirms the better judgements of my youth, that had I followed up on the plan and become a law enforcement officer, I would’ve turned into a one-man execution squad.

Is anybody watching Better Call Saul?? It's amazing. One more episode to go; I have no idea where it's heading. And if you haven't watched Breaking Bad, do yourself a favor and start binging. Best series ever, imho.
I was more than pleasantly surprised to hear “Tapioca Tundra.” It was quite fitting for the montage. Made this Mike Nesmith fan smile a little wider.

Watched the first episode of She-Hulk, last night. I was impressed and think this might be Marvel's most successful Disney Plus show. There's already numerous known cameos and potential for so much more. It gave us this quote: "Captain America, FUCKS!!"

But most importantly, this is starting us down the road to World Breaker Hulk.

Watched the first episode of She-Hulk, last night. I was impressed and think this might be Marvel's most successful Disney Plus show. There's already numerous known cameos and potential for so much more. It gave us this quote: "Captain America, FUCKS!!"

But most importantly, this is starting us down the road to World Breaker Hulk.

I was wondering. Reviews are all overt he place ("it's the best!" "it's the worst!").

I was wondering. Reviews are all overt he place ("it's the best!" "it's the worst!").

It's a good comedy. I honestly don't go by reviews any more. I find the MCU community is so vast now because Disney had been making so many different types of content to attract new audiences. They can't make content to make everyone happy. Plus it's only episode 1 and they didn't waste it on an origin story. It jumps right into the story.

TL;DR: politics and incels are causing downvoting

I think, and I could well miss something, that it is primarily because of two things: Marvel politics and incels. Bear with me here.

Marvel began interjecting social issue into its movies however long ago. Black Panther stands out, but Ms. Marvel and that scene from Endgame where even my liberal wife groaned come to mind as well. That being the one where all of the women found themselves sharing the screen, then kicking ass for 30 second, before fading back into part of the overall group. It was gratuitous, unnecessary, and felt forced. Yay, girl power... Anywho, Ms. Marvel has Brie Larsen who isn't a very good human being and bad enough that her Avengers costars would openly clown her in interviews.

Then you have incels who just hate women.

Marvel's product post-Avengers doesn't really appeal to me. I've watched some of it, but we're down to the JV squad and it shows. You take the forced politics in their films/ TV with a bunch of crybaby incels, and they are going to downvote anything with women into the ground whether it is deserved or not. I have no desire to see She-hulk or whatever it is, so the reviews are irrelevant. Marvel's social politics triggered a bunch of crybabies and here we are.

TL;DR: politics and incels are causing downvoting

I think, and I could well miss something, that it is primarily because of two things: Marvel politics and incels. Bear with me here.

Marvel began interjecting social issue into its movies however long ago. Black Panther stands out, but Ms. Marvel and that scene from Endgame where even my liberal wife groaned come to mind as well. That being the one where all of the women found themselves sharing the screen, then kicking ass for 30 second, before fading back into part of the overall group. It was gratuitous, unnecessary, and felt forced. Yay, girl power... Anywho, Ms. Marvel has Brie Larsen who isn't a very good human being and bad enough that her Avengers costars would openly clown her in interviews.

Then you have incels who just hate women.

Marvel's product post-Avengers doesn't really appeal to me. I've watched some of it, but we're down to the JV squad and it shows. You take the forced politics in their films/ TV with a bunch of crybaby incels, and they are going to downvote anything with women into the ground whether it is deserved or not. I have no desire to see She-hulk or whatever it is, so the reviews are irrelevant. Marvel's social politics triggered a bunch of crybabies and here we are.
I don’t think enough studios realize this, but if I’m watching a movie about super heroes, it’s because I want to escape reality and the news. I don’t want it thrown in my face during what is supposed to be my entertainment.

Back