My Random TV Thread

House of the Dragon. T-minus 4 hours.

That last season of GOT left a bad taste in my mouth so I’m hoping expectations are met.

And BTW George RR Martin wants you to know he’s still working on that final novel so it should be ready by the time Global Warming makes the planet uninhabitable.

House of the Dragon. T-minus 4 hours.

That last season of GOT left a bad taste in my mouth so I’m hoping expectations are met.

And BTW George RR Martin wants you to know he’s still working on that final novel so it should be ready by the time Global Warming makes the planet uninhabitable.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
GRRM can get fucked with Tormund Giantsbane's head. Just a big, meaty wildling fist up the ass.

Then the show runners for that "pre-Supreme Court decision" of a series ending should have to watch...and then take the fist.

I'll give the dragon thing a chance, but I'm also an idiot. So, fuck me.

Anyone watching Love Island? Can't get into things where people get fucked and sliced open in the evening because the lady can't deal 🤷‍♂️

Not on your life. My wife watches it and wouldn't dare attempt to have me watch with her. I'd ruin it with stupid comments. lol
She attempted to watch House of Dragon but fell asleep.

We watched the two part documentary on the Manti T’eo saga. What a shitshow. The person perpetrating the fraud cost T’eo millions and millions of dollars. The best part was they would apologize and then “but” their way to making it about them. “I knew what I was doing was wrong, but it made me a better person.”

Rings of Power (Sept 2)

Being a huge LOT geek, I am looking forward to this, realizing it is "based" on works of JRR Tolkein and not fleshed out story lines.

Just watched the first two episodes. The CGI are stunning. The sequences based on the Silmarillion—what I consider to be Tolkien’s most brilliant work—are extremely well done. If you’re familiar with that work, there are many references to characters and places from it.

There are some elements, most notably the Hobbit-like Harfoots, that I’m trying to digest. The Dwarves are entertaining and of course speak like Scotsmen. And we are introduced to Dwarf women.

That’s about it for now. I’m intrigued enough to keep watching.

Just watched the first two episodes. The CGI are stunning. The sequences based on the Silmarillion—what I consider to be Tolkien’s most brilliant work—are extremely well done. If you’re familiar with that work, there are many references to characters and places from it.

There are some elements, most notably the Hobbit-like Harfoots, that I’m trying to digest. The Dwarves are entertaining and of course speak like Scotsmen. And we are introduced to Dwarf women.

That’s about it for now. I’m intrigued enough to keep watching.

Need to watch, but the Hollywood media think it's a mess.

Need to watch, but the Hollywood media think it's a mess.

As in everything post George Floyd, the Wokeness is very evident, plenty of empowered women and people of color so that should make the Hollywood media happy.

I can see where the series might be a confusing for people not familiar with the history and backstory of Middle Earth and it’s variety of races; particularly the creation myth and the origins of the elves in the Silmarillion.

Keep in mind, I’m a freaking LOTR nerd so my opinion is not that of a casual fan. I’ve read all five books multiple times over the years. And I’ve only seen two episodes. I’m not 100% sold.

The woman who plays the youthful Galadriel is excellent.

Last edited:
As in everything post George Floyd, the Wokeness is very evident, plenty of empowered women and people of color so that should make the Hollywood media happy.

I can see where the series might be a confusing mess for people not familiar with the history and backstory of Middle Earth and it’s variety of races; particularly the creation myth and the origins of the elves in the Silmarillion.

Keep in mind, I’m a freaking LOTR nerd so my opinion is not that of a casual fan. I’ve read all five books multiple times over the years. And I’ve only seen two episodes. I’m not 100% sold.

Well I think the bigger issue from a film adaptation perspective is Amazon wanted to work with the estate...which gives you one interpretation. And the estate said no to Peter Jackson because they think his trilogy was an abomination. Then enter the women's which plagues our time.

Back