My Random TV Thread

If you're a groomer, anything is possible with kids.

Well here's the thing, Reuters says it's completely ok to be a Pedo. Here they're "fact checking" this law for us to willfully promote the liberal agenda that says it's ok for a 24 year old to have sex with a 14 yr old.

Somehow when this was written it was sold as a "gay rights" bill because apparently gay people are sexual predators and groom children. And they wanted to make gay folk feel better by having them not get slapped automatically on the sex offender registry.

Where is that asteroid?

Started watching Pennyworth on HBO. Very clever so far. So much seems deliberately anachronistic (wait, are the Brit palace guards carrying... MP40s?), and I appreciate the hidden humor. Examples:

(mild spoilers)

In one of the early episodes, the good guys break into the bad guy HQ and encounter an old woman sitting at a table in the kitchen. It looks like she's prepping dinner. But. "Wait a minute, was that a disassembled Bren gun on the table?" It happened too quick to really tell. But a few scenes later, Granny's in a gun fight with the good guys, blazing away with her machine gun. Then she gets mowed down. Yep, she wasn't prepping dinner when we first encountered her, she was PMCS-ing the ol' LMG. LOL.

An episode or two later, there's a scene where Pennyworth asks his girlfriend's father permission to marry. It does not go well. As the scene ended, my wife said, "Hold up. Back it up about 15 seconds. Was that a dude in a... bear suit?" We rewind a couple of seconds, and sure enough there's a character going full Furby, just walking across the screen in the background. No explanation, no one reacts, the camera never focuses on him. Just totally random inject. Love it.

I finally finished Peaky Blinders. Great show, I really liked how they handled Helen McCrory's passing. Casting was perfect. Writing, directing, soundtrack...all were excellent. Great character arcs and association with historical events. I'm not a fan of dream sequences, but those were kept to a minimum. And the kids? Hilarious. I'm pretty sure kids were written into the show as plot devices, not actual characters.

Great show, well worth your time though the character's accents could be a problem for some.

I finally finished Peaky Blinders. Great show, I really liked how they handled Helen McCrory's passing. Casting was perfect. Writing, directing, soundtrack...all were excellent. Great character arcs and association with historical events. I'm not a fan of dream sequences, but those were kept to a minimum. And the kids? Hilarious. I'm pretty sure kids were written into the show as plot devices, not actual characters.

Great show, well worth your time though the character's accents could be a problem for some.

I started watching tv with subtitles for this, never stopped.

I'm fucking addicted to the Peaky Blinders, bro. The ending leaves you wondering. There was supposed to be another season but I read, a movie that ends it may be made.

Maria and I are binge watching Designated Survivor on Netflix. 3 seasons worth. If only, we had an actual federal government that cares like they do. Though, you can see some liberal nonsense coming through, Maria likes the series better than I do (you know my feelings towards the federal government), it's an ok series though.

Back