My Random TV Thread

Wrapping up Season 5, the Last Kingdom tonight. I hope Uhtred doesn't cry too much in the last two episodes. Fucker let me down when he went all simp with Brida...and his daughter had to kill her because his balls fell off. Time to get down to slaughter.

Animation gets a bit of a pass, live action will piss of many.

Which speaks to the weakness of many. A cartoon isn't "real", but when live action (real) people make the statement it matters?

Yeah, nah. That shows how shallow our modern society has become; ideas matter, the delivery should not be a topic.

Which speaks to the weakness of many. A cartoon isn't "real", but when live action (real) people make the statement it matters?

Yeah, nah. That shows how shallow our modern society has become; ideas matter, the delivery should not be a topic.

I completely agree but that is the sad state we're in. I mean look how long it took to cancel Apu and no one asked for it.

I completely agree but that is the sad state we're in. I mean look how long it took to cancel Apu and no one asked for it.

The best social commentary stings. Western society however, in my opinion, avoids pain but wants us all to learn. Apu was a vessel through which we could learn some uncomfortable lessons, but we've decided everyone should be comfortable.

Human beings do not learn from doing something right. We learn from failure and while that failure shouldn't dehumanize, it also shouldn't come from rainbows and butterflies...because it cannot and thousands of years speak to that truth.

We watched the Jimmy Savile doco on Netflix last night. Kind of "meh" to be honest. The guy was an absolute monster, but the doco was a bit of a mess.

Pt. 1: Oh, he's so great, he's so quirky, he was amazing, we didn't really know who he was.
Pt. 2: An absolute slow burn over 75 minutes to the final 15 when they discuss what he did. Even then, you had as many details on pre-credit text than the rest of the show. The coverup (or "mistakes" as some call them) in outing him was kind of bland. The doco didn't really push the BBC or various police on what they did or didn't do, why, and no one was mentioned. Not one name dropped in covering up his crimes.

If you don't know anything about the guy, it is maybe worth a watch. They spent as much time going over his psychology as they did on the "investigation." It is really a marginal documentary about a topic screaming for someone to uncover how he got away with his shit for decades.

I give it 3 out of 5 Stukas.

If they name dropped, I think a lot of British people of power would fall. Between British and North American entertainment industry, the common practice to hide some of the most horrendous acts; is probably the tip of the iceberg.

Given how close ole Jim'll Fix It was to the royal family and that pesky little Prince Andrew's friend Jeff Jeff, you really have to winder what is out there, under the iceberg. This also makes the doco folks complicit if they know something and aren't willing to go on the record.

Everyone says they will do the right thing, no matter the cost, but that's utter horseshit.

Holy shit! What a day to be a Star Wars fan. I just watched the first two episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi. This is the Star Wars we deserve! I was sucked in the whole time, I might need to re-watch it; in case I missed something, when I looked away to sip my coffee. I can't wait until next week.

I really hope Andor, they teased yesterday; is at least, half as good.

If you love The Godfather (and who doesn't?) you've got to watch "The Offer" on Paramount+. It's really entertaining and a look behind the curtain at the technical aspects of getting a film made.

If you love The Godfather (and who doesn't?) you've got to watch "The Offer" on Paramount+. It's really entertaining and a look behind the curtain at the technical aspects of getting a film made.

I’m glad to hear you say that you liked it, I’ve actually stayed away from it because I’ve heard terrible reviews.

Back