My Random TV Thread

If you love The Godfather (and who doesn't?) you've got to watch "The Offer" on Paramount+. It's really entertaining and a look behind the curtain at the technical aspects of getting a film made.

I’m glad to hear you say that you liked it, I’ve actually stayed away from it because I’ve heard terrible reviews.

Holy Fuck, Boyz....Holy Fuck. Eleventy-billion times better than I had ever hoped for. I actually stick-tapped my cigar at the end of episode 6. I may binge the whole season over again tomorrow.

Fuck me was that great!

Holy Fuck, Boyz....Holy Fuck. Eleventy-billion times better than I had ever hoped for. I actually stick-tapped my cigar at the end of episode 6. I may binge the whole season over again tomorrow.

Fuck me was that great!

I like it more than Letterkenny at this point! I think the lack of alliteration helps.

We Own This City...shit. Baltimore's entire leadership needs to burn. Mayor, DA's office, police...the dog catcher is probably a POS. What a trash-ass group of leadership.

As I posted earlier, Jon Berenthal is lights out in his role. Supporting roles are very well done, the casting agent deserves an award. There are some SJW moments for our Conservative members, at least some things I found distasteful, but you should go watch the series. Need a study in bad politics? Check. The DA's role in poor policing policies? Check. The numbers game and how leadership loves those metrics regardless of the cost? Check. Poor or absent leadership? Check.

Get your head past the political and do some critical thinking, the series is worth your time. 6 episodes on HBO I think.

Norm Macdonald filmed his final special, in one take, in his living room. It's now on Netflix. We lost a legend.

Watched the first part last night, now in the middle of his peers sharing some memories about Norm. The standup-sans-audience is a bit strange, but I appreciate his foresight regarding his condition and that he put this together. The epilogue (not the right word, but I'll go with it) with Letterman, Chapelle, Conan, Molly Shannon, Adam Sandler, and David Spade is very heartfelt and a great way to remember the man. It's not my favorite bit of comedy but it's somehow perfectly fitting. Solid 10/10.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Watched the first part last night, now in the middle of his peers sharing some memories about Norm. The standup-sans-audience is a bit strange, but I appreciate his foresight regarding his condition and that he put this together. The epilogue (not the right word, but I'll go with it) with Letterman, Chapelle, Conan, Molly Shannon, Adam Sandler, and David Spade is very heartfelt and a great way to remember the man. It's not my favorite bit of comedy but it's somehow perfectly fitting. Solid 10/10.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I agree, it wasn't the best comedy, reminds me of a few pandemic Zoom shows I watched. But it was an amazing piece of history and a great peek into the work behind the scenes. So much of that material, with a live audience; he would have killed it. I found myself laughing in the least expected moments.

I think it was meant to be a dry run for an actual standup audience later but Norm knew, of course. It sounds like noone else did, not even his mates or his manager.

I started watching it but I started feeling quite sad between the funny bits so I had to stop. Norm is probably one of my favourite comics of all time.

We're binging Stranger Things on Netflix...a few years late. But creepy, fun and so far pretty compelling.
My favorite so far due to having a much heavier horror element. In the same way the first season gave you the sense of watching an 80s movie during the 80s, the way they directed and filmed the horror scenes was eerily reminiscent of IT and Nightmare on Elm Street. There were also some more direct horror movie nods that were entertaining to watch once you picked up what they were putting down.

My wife and I have discussed this latest season and we agreed that we are enjoying exactly half of it. The Hawkins and Eleven arcs are satisfying to watch, tons of horror and fun things happening. The Russia and Spring Break arcs feel like a waste of time to us and have a wildly different vibe than the previous 2. Still recommend it just based on the awesome horror happening this season.

Back