My Random TV Thread

Under the Banner of Heaven on Hulu, developed from the book of the same name by Jon Krakauer, author of Into Thin Air and that other book about the dumbass in an Alaskan bus. 7 episodes, really well done and acted. I won't comment on the heavy questions of religion (the book is about murders committed by "zealous" Mormons), but we really enjoyed the series. The pacing could be a bit slow at times, but it still served to move the story forward. The characters were well developed including (gasp!) actual story and character arcs.

Good stuff, worthy of the 8-ish hours you'll need to finish the limited series.

Under the Banner of Heaven on Hulu, developed from the book of the same name by Jon Krakauer, author of Into Thin Air and that other book about the dumbass in an Alaskan bus. 7 episodes, really well done and acted. I won't comment on the heavy questions of religion (the book is about murders committed by "zealous" Mormons), but we really enjoyed the series. The pacing could be a bit slow at times, but it still served to move the story forward. The characters were well developed including (gasp!) actual story and character arcs.

Good stuff, worthy of the 8-ish hours you'll need to finish the limited series.

I recommended the book in the Reading thread. It is a good quick read if you have a chance.

Yeah…I’m still a 12 year old.

I dig cartoon shows. Avatar the Last Airbender (one of the best); Simpsons, Family Guy, SpongeBob, South Park, Ren & Stimpy, Catdog, Catscratch, Looney Toons and a few more. I even sat through some trying ones, like Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron...but I drew the line at Beavis and Butthead, lol.

Chris Rock…Selective Outrage on Netflix. The man is brilliant. Rages on wokeness. Rages on Harry and Meghan, mixed race couples in commercials.

His take on the Jan 6 Capitol riots is hilarious.

We saw it last night. Wasn't great, wasn't bad. I'd forgotten his delivery included saying a a line 2, 3, 4 times. That counted for half the running time and I don't think that's an exaggeration.

We saw it last night and we forgot about his delivery.

We saw it last NIGHT, and we forgot about his DeLIVery.

We SAW it last night, and we FORGOT about his DELIVERY!

Really good moments, but a lot of lulls and slow points in between. Katt Williams is the same. Had a banger show or two but now his shows are one or two great jokes with a bunch of boring stuff and his schtick.

We saw it last night. Wasn't great, wasn't bad. I'd forgotten his delivery included saying a a line 2, 3, 4 times. That counted for half the running time and I don't think that's an exaggeration.

We saw it last night and we forgot about his delivery.

We saw it last NIGHT, and we forgot about his DeLIVery.

We SAW it last night, and we FORGOT about his DELIVERY!

Really good moments, but a lot of lulls and slow points in between. Katt Williams is the same. Had a banger show or two but now his shows are one or two great jokes with a bunch of boring stuff and his schtick.

You're right. I posted my glowing review after the first 15 minutes and then went to bed. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Boston Strangler on Hulu: Not a bad way to spend 90 minutes. The movie is about the serial killer of the same name and follows the two female journalists who "broke" the story by tying together the first 4 of what would become 13 murders. Keria Knightley is perfectly fine for the role and competent enough she isn't distracting. Arguably the supporting cast is a bit more interesting, but it all works well together.

Not a bad little movie. The writing is solid, not great and not bad. The casting was more of the same along with all other aspects of a film. Just a solid effort and worth checking out if you are in between series or movie releases. 3.5 out of 5 clacking manual typewriters.

I haven't watch S3, but based on the reviews and some clips I've seen...I never will watch S3. The writing is atrocious and some of the "acting" is bad. I've seen local dinner theater with better acting.

I've tried to reject the "Disney is ruing every franchise it touches" mob, but Disney has more misses, BAD misses, than hits these days.

Back