NatGeo Combat Rescue Special

ETA - that doc they keep showing at the hospital, he is cool as a cucumber.

I just told my wife that very thing the other night.

Not to mention the fact that he must never get a day off. He is working every episode.

So, I am watching the new one- why are they calling this "Inside Combat Rescue" to have security forces guys (wearing HUGE ASS SF PATCHES NO LESS) tooling around pretending to be some sort of DA force?

WTF is happening?!?!

So, I am watching the new one- why are they calling this "Inside Combat Rescue" to have security forces guys (wearing HUGE ASS SF PATCHES NO LESS) tooling around pretending to be some sort of DA force?

WTF is happening?!?!
They're obviously the "Combat" in Combat Rescue...geez! :rolleyes:;-)

WTF is happening?!?!

You sort of answered your question with the first sentence. ;-)

Now do ya'll see why I bag and bag and bag and hate on that career field?

I have to say this is no where near as interesting as the episodes with PJ's... I feel like this is the "Cops" of the military shows.

WTF is happening?!?!
Now you know why I called it a disappointment.

WTF is happening?!?!

C'mon...what do you guys call the folks at the gate who wear the blue berets??? (Not the UN guys) :p

CAT IV Enlistees....
I am not sure what that means, but it seems funny.

I tried to explain this once. Someone asked, "Isnt there a bit of a rivalry between security forces and PJs? Since they come from the same training center at Lackland and mission creep and etc.?" The only answer I could come up with was (and still is)-

"Listen, rivalry implies there is a healthy competition between the two having said rivalry. I can tell you this from the STS, Rescue, and international sides of the house- I have never felt competed with, in any sense, when in a room with a security forces guy. That's not a dig; it's just unfair to call that a rivalry or some sort of playful back and forth. No one that has ever quit security forces training has ever become a PJ. The inverse, though..."

Again- not a dig, and I know we have security forces here on the board. Just relating a story.

I am not sure what that means, but it seems funny.

I tried to explain this once. Someone asked, "Isnt there a bit of a rivalry between security forces and PJs? Since they come from the same training center at Lackland and mission creep and etc.?" The only answer I could come up with was (and still is)-

"Listen, rivalry implies there is a healthy competition between the two having said rivalry. I can tell you this from the STS, Rescue, and international sides of the house- I have never felt competed with, in any sense, when in a room with a security forces guy. That's not a dig; it's just unfair to call that a rivalry or some sort of playful back and forth. No one that has ever quit security forces training has ever become a PJ. The inverse, though..."

Again- not a dig, and I know we have security forces here on the board. Just relating a story.
Cat IV is the lowest (IQ-wise) enlistment category.
Your ASVAB scores would have made you a Cat I recruit.

Back