National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

Point of clarification, while Ramsey County is indeed adjacent to Minneapolis, all of Minneapolis is in Hennepin County. There is no overlap of jurisdiction.
Thanks for the clarification. On some shifts he has patrolled through downtown Minneapolis, not sure how that works with jurisdiction.

Are you sure he wasn't in downtown St. Paul? That's in Ramsey County.
Just double-checked, they did patrol through what they referred to as downtown Minneapolis. Admittedly, I am not very familiar with the geography of the county lines in Minnesota.

Regardless, I think it's a very informative channel and worth checking out.

Just double-checked, they did patrol through what they referred to as downtown Minneapolis. Admittedly, I am not very familiar with the geography of the county lines in Minnesota.

Regardless, I think it's a very informative channel and worth checking out.
Yeah, Ramsey County would never regularly patrol anywhere in Minneapolis or Hennepin County. Possible they were doing some sort of one off/special agency assist but they don't patrol Mpls. But glad you found it informative. Link?

Last edited:
Yeah, Ramsey County would never regularly patrol anywhere in Minneapolis or Hennepin County. Possible they were doing some sort of one off agency assist but they don't patrol Mpls. But glad you found it informative. Link?
To the channel or a video or them patrolling in Minneapolis?

Either one...or both.
Channel name is "Live on Patrol"

Link to the youtube channel: Live on Patrol

I watched the video of them patrolling Minneapolis live on their Facebook page, and they didn't save the stream. However, a different channel reposted clips of the stream on YouTube.

Link to the re-uploaded clips:

(Note: The channel "DJ Slime" incorrectly refers to them as MPD officers in the description of the video. He is in fact the Ramsay county Sheriff and his partner is a part-time crime analyst.)

I may have committed to stay neutral in the political thread, but I made no such claim for this thread.

I still stand on the platform that these two, by leaving their home and engaging the crowd, we’re looking for trouble and deserve whatever comes their way.

#GetOffMySide

Gun-waving St. Louis couple sues news photographer Bill Greenblatt
Photographer was trespassing.
Just because Minnesota has pussy laws doesn't mean other states have the same laws.

Photographer was trespassing.
Just because Minnesota has pussy laws doesn't mean other states have the same laws.
Actually....
when iit comes to laws about carrying a gun and using iit in self-defense, compared to many states, Minnesota is hardly at the “pussy“ factor.

That said, too many people take vantage of the technicalities of a law versus the intent of a law.

For example, in Minnesota you are free to open carry as long as you have a permit to carry. The intent was not to have people open carrying their pistol wherever they go, it was instead written with the intent to keep the “Karens” of the world from calling the cops on someone who accidentally displays their pistol while they are pumping gas or some other everyday routine.

Legally within their rights or not, those two clowns left their home to confront this crowd when they were in no immediate danger; nobody was banging on their door threatening them, there were TV cameras all over the place.

They are no different than the dopes who walk into a Starbucks or hipotle in full kit “just because they can”

I say to them as I say to these two, “get off my side”.

To add, and I will admit I may be biased because of their behavior. If the exact same couple had walked out of their house with the same weapons, had them at their sides, and simply watched the protesters walk past without waving their weapons around and yelling at them to get off their property, I would probably feel 100% different and be on their side completely.

For example, in Minnesota you are free to open carry as long as you have a permit to carry. The intent was not to have people open carrying their pistol wherever they go, it was instead written with the intent to keep the “Karens” of the world from calling the cops on someone who accidentally displays their pistol while they are pumping gas or some other everyday routine.
So a 2nd amendment law that was passed for convenience? Here in Az we have open carry and constitutional carry in case an individual needs to put someone down, not to free up the dispatcher from spam callers. Your spirit of the law and my spirit of the law fall into two entirely different categories.

Channel name is "Live on Patrol"

Link to the youtube channel: Live on Patrol

I watched the video of them patrolling Minneapolis live on their Facebook page, and they didn't save the stream. However, a different channel reposted clips of the stream on YouTube.

Link to the re-uploaded clips:

(Note: The channel "DJ Slime" incorrectly refers to them as MPD officers in the description of the video. He is in fact the Ramsay county Sheriff and his partner is a part-time crime analyst.)
Yeah, they're definitely driving through Minneapolis in those videos but I don't think they're actually "on patrol". Seems they may be in an off-duty, unmarked squad and simply doing a drive around. They're not responding to calls or anything.

I am the first to admit that I can sometimes wear rose colored glasses when it comes to gun laws and the interpretation of them.

The optics are always very intense on any gun situation and when people flaunt those laws, I believe that they do more damage to the concept of protecting Second Amendment than they do good.

Actually....
when iit comes to laws about carrying a gun and using iit in self-defense, compared to many states, Minnesota is hardly at the “pussy“ factor.

That said, too many people take vantage of the technicalities of a law versus the intent of a law.

Legally within their rights or not, those two clowns left their home to confront this crowd when they were in no immediate danger; nobody was banging on their door threatening them, there were TV cameras all over the place.

They are no different than the dopes who walk into a Starbucks or hipotle in full kit “just because they can”

I say to them as I say to these two, “get off my side”.

To add, and I will admit I may be biased because of their behavior. If the exact same couple had walked out of their house with the same weapons, had them at their sides, and simply watched the protesters walk past without waving their weapons around and yelling at them to get off their property, I would probably feel 100% different and be on their side completely.

Respectfully disagree, they were on their private property and arguably had already demonstrated violence at that point by breaking down the gate.

Where does being able to protect your property end and begin?

I recognize that this is unwinnable argument on my part and we are fortunate that our laws also protect the stupid, I just get really frustrated when I see people do dumb things with guns and offer ammo to those who want to disrupt my gun rights.

And to be clear, by “dumb things with guns“ I mean them coming out of their house and sweeping the crowd.

Yeah, they're definitely driving through Minneapolis in those videos but I don't think they're actually "on patrol". Seems they may be in an off-duty, unmarked squad and simply doing a drive around. They're not responding to calls or anything.
They always drive an unmarked Dodge Durango, so that's nothing new. Given that he's the Sheriff, I have rarely seen him respond to calls. He mostly just drives around pulling traffic and waits for a major incident to arise. So this is nothing out of the ordinary. Also, around timestamp 7:40 he says, "Live on patrol in Minneapolis, Minnesota."

Back