Need Advice on Rucking...

No, it sounds like you are already tough enough. Now you need to start being smart. Get good boots that fit your feet. Go to REI etc... and try a few different types. Find what suits you.

Now that is not smart at all. Actually Foolish in my opinion.

I told you before to take it slow until you adjust, take it or leave it, up to you.
Actually, the blister was acquired the same evening you were typing your advice, and I agree 100% foolish. Couldn't agree more. look, im not not here to be a failure. I do heed the warnings of your expertise (which I apporeciate) or I wouldnt be here. Unfortunately, i didnt wait a day for a response and honestly, I didnt expect anyone to be interested in some green horn marine mom, ya know?

Im already training in a pair of Bates Lites Durashocks.....pretty well committed to these unless they wreak havoc on my feet. But I would say at this point, its me, im being a lightweight and I need to suck it up a bit, lol!

I'm wearing a men's 6 Bates Lites.

Holy Mother of God....NEVER put New Skin on an open blister!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!! kjhgfkjhgjhg!!!!!!!!! Whew! I got this!!

Tincture of Benzoin is much better. }:-):rolleyes:

No really, buy some and use it to hold moleskin in the hotspots - it can also be used in 'grunt' mode - a blister starts, pull out the liquid wit ha syringe, then partially fill the blister with tincture of benzoin... your head will explode, but you will not get a blister there again.

Fine line between being "Hard" and "Smart". However, don't overthink it, either.
That thread on foot care is good info.
Go ruck. Get blisters. Toughen the soles. Work on conditioning, flexibility, and recuperate.
Little old grandmas in little hovels in little villages carry tons of shit on their head for miles.

Fine line between being "Hard" and "Smart". However, don't overthink it, either.
That thread on foot care is good info.
Go ruck. Get blisters. Toughen the soles. Work on conditioning, flexibility, and recuperate.
Little old grandmas in little hovels in little villages carry tons of shit on their head for miles.
Haha, well I am a grandma, lol! Yeah, im am really trying not to overthink it, which I am guilty of when I lift. I just am one who fears failure, so I fight extra hard and beat myself up. I tend to be an instant gratification kinda person and in this case, that is not smart, I know.

Haha, well I am a grandma, lol! Yeah, im am really trying not to overthink it, which I am guilty of when I lift. I just am one who fears failure, so I fight extra hard and beat myself up. I tend to be an instant gratification kinda person and in this case, that is not smart, I know.

Remember... PAIN PURIFIES :thumbsup::-":rolleyes::ROFLMAO::sneaky:

I meant 45!!!!!

Thank you...I need to hear that!

Hey thank you...I read through that...good stuff. I keep hearing the pantyhose thing....seems mostly old corps posts, but they swear by it. Your thoughts, ever tried it?

I gotta say...I have one bad ass blister (busted) about the size of a quarter on my heel tonight. I managed to still run two miles in my running shoes and suck it up. Hurt like hell, but oh well. Bought some New Skin, but not sure if I can put it on an open blister.8-)

The panty hose liner works...you just need the anklet variety. The panty hose bears the brunt of all the friction and not your skin. Case in point. From time to time AFSOF does a memorial ruck from San Antonio to Hurlbert Field (Destin) FL. Its non stop over several days with teams swapping out day and night shift. I happened to be on the phone with one of the guys around the half way point. He mentioned how bad his feet were as well as some of the other guys. I was a little shocked that none of them were saavy but gave them the old panty hose tip. He said it literally saved all of their feet. It works....

Yes you can put new skin on open blisters. Just dont pop the blisters.

Remember... PAIN PURIFIES :thumbsup::-":rolleyes::ROFLMAO::sneaky:

1) Rub your feet with a thick layer of vaseline
2) Put plastic bread bags over your feet
3) Put socks and boots on over bread bags

The vaseline will reduce friction and prevent blisters... :rolleyes:

1) Rub your feet with a thick layer of vaseline
2) Put plastic bread bags over your feet
3) Put socks and boots on over bread bags

The vaseline will reduce friction and prevent blisters... :rolleyes:

You forgot to add.... and your core temp will get to boiling in about 1.5 hours.... don't worry just drink more water... and don't look at your feet after you take the bag-o-petrolatum off.... it will make you puke.

otherwise...:thumbsup:

What kind of pack are you using and if it's one of the civvy go faster types has it been fitted properly?

I'm going to echo Cbacks comment, I'm a massive fan of Salamon's XA Pro 3d mids if your not going to be hitting terrain that makes a Chamois puke.

After a bit your going to notice hard limps on your feet where you build up a callus, use Pumice if you can get it to scour it down and get a good foot balm (neat feat is the one I use, don't get neat foot oil) and rub that liberally onto any cracks that you start getting in the skin.

The panty hose liner works...you just need the anklet variety. The panty hose bears the brunt of all the friction and not your skin. Case in point. From time to time AFSOF does a memorial ruck from San Antonio to Hurlbert Field (Destin) FL. Its non stop over several days with teams swapping out day and night shift. I happened to be on the phone with one of the guys around the half way point. He mentioned how bad his feet were as well as some of the other guys. I was a little shocked that none of them were saavy but gave them the old panty hose tip. He said it literally saved all of their feet. It works....

Yes you can put new skin on open blisters. Just dont pop the blisters.
I use to live in Destin back in the day...that's a long ruck! And unfortunately, by the time I felt the hot spot, that blister was wide open and being ignorant, I lathered New Skin on and damn near died a thousand deaths! lol, Definitely was a dumb move, but made me wake up!

Back