NEW METALLICA!!! (Full Album posted on Page 3 via YouTube)

Murder One. Featuring an animated history of Motörhead's Lemmy, appears to be a tribute.

Love the video!

Don't any of you have any self-respect?

Metallica who shut down Napster?

Metallica who was upset to hear that their songs of death and destruction may have been played at Guantanamo?

Shame on you all.

Eta-
Lars Ulrich has taken up guitar and shooting pistols.
Weird-guy-with-guns-e1342291240754.jpg

Last edited:
Metallica who shut down Napster

I actually agree with Metallica here. Fuck Lars though!

Metallica who was upset to hear that their songs of death and destruction may have been played at Guantanamo?

Yeah, agreed. I wish they would have channeled their inner Ted Nugent here. Again, fuck Lars!

I'm trying to figure out the Confusion video. I think it is about a business woman of some type having flashbacks and suffering some type of combat related PTSD.

It is actually a pretty good video, but I hear Lars saying in that Lars voice, "Ya know...I think it would be cool if, cool if , ya know, we made the soldier a woman. "

So fuck Lars again.

ETA -

"Spit Out The Bone" really rocks, and the video does not end like you would think.

Last edited:
Don't any of you have any self-respect?

Metallica who shut down Napster?

Shame on you all.

Eta-
Lars Ulrich has taken up guitar and shooting pistols.

Then there was this....

The last two decades of crap music have burned me. I won't voluntarily listen to new Metallica because their music sucks and they are a bunch of douchebags. Master of Puppets-era or GTFO

The last two decades of crap music have burned me. I won't voluntarily listen to new Metallica because their music sucks and they are a bunch of douchebags. Master of Puppets-era or GTFO

I'm giving this one a shot - I'm glad to see them making an effort - but it's hard to take them seriously; for the last 25 years they're been on a fucked up free form jazz exploration while the rest of the metal world has been, well, producing thrash metal. Megadeath has continuously been cranking out solid material, Slayer just dropped an album after losing Jeff Hanneman, Testament's been cranking out metal, even Anthrax has come back and dropped an album earlier this year. None of the above is going to unseat Peace Sells, Master of Puppets, South of Heaven, et al, but it's all strong work that rightfully deserves a place in the thrash metal arena. It's honestly to the point where I have a hard time taking seriously the whole "Big Four (Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax)"...

Metallica, while you were out, this is what your peers were busy working on... these are off an album (Repentless) dropped <18 months after one of their founding members died.

I won't clog the thread with videos, but I can pull a handful of these off any of the albums the above-named bands have released... which is probably 15 or so.

How fucking out of control was Dave Mustaine?

He got kicked out of a band that had the nickname "AlcoholicA".

How fucking out of control was Dave Mustaine?

He got kicked out of a band that had the nickname "AlcoholicA".
Dave Mustaine and Marty Friedman are like plutonium and uranium to Hetfield and Hammett's lead and iron.

Marty Friedman

I always had respect for Marty. He played in Megadeath, knew his place, and was happy. Also very quick to recognize what Metallica did for his genre of music -

"In my opinion, [METALLICA's 'Black' album] is the single most important album in metal," he said. "The sound of metal could have been long gone, but that album helped metal find its place in the mainstream."

He added: "Metal is not the easiest music to play, and its even more difficult to make sound good. METALLICA was able to combine all that was good about metal without compromising who they were. There are some of the best metal songs on that album like 'Enter Sandman', and it really opened the door for so many bands."

Ex-MEGADETH Guitarist MARTY FRIEDMAN Says METALLICA's 'Black' LP Is 'Single Most Important Album In Metal'

Unlike Dave, who has always comes across as a bitter bitch. Pissed off that he's playing small clubs while Metallica is still selling out Arena shows and appearing and playing on the late night talk shows.

He should have been embarrassed playing with them in 2011 - have some fucking pride.

On the flip side, I absolutely loved seeing Jason Newstead play bass with the boys (including Rob) at the Hall of Fame induction. That needed to happen - classy all around.

Last edited:
I always had respect for Marty. He played in Megadeath, knew his place, and was happy.

If you haven't already, check out the other stuff Marty was involved with... I won't knock his work with Megadeth (it was some of the best metal guitar playing recorded), but what he was able to throw down with Becker as part of Cacophony was absolutely fucking crazy.

While Metallica was going Nickelback, the metal gods gave us Pantera. I'd link to some of their music but work and Youtube aren't compatible.

Back