New Scroll

Allow me this last moment to flip off guys like Cope who went straight through. ;)

:D I was lucky to be in a squad with a dude from 1/75 and an 18C from 1st Group! There were a few IOBCers who attended the extended version of Ranger School thanks to our peer evaluations!

This is straight from the Regiment Recruiting page.

All personnel applying for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment must be able to meet 75th Ranger Regimental Standards.

E-1 through E-5 must attend the Ranger Indoctrination Program.

E-6 and above must attend the Ranger Orientation Program.

Go to the Infantry Homepage to see the Regiment Recruiting page.

STB guys go thru RIP/ROP and wear the Tan Beret.
The RRC is part of the STB.
Tabbed shooters,non-shooters,coffee makers,waterboys or whatever wear the Scroll where they are assigened along with the coveted Tan Beret.

jds

Eyes said:
Ok, so now I'm confused. Someone said the STB wears the Maroon and you just said they wear the Tan. I also just read an article about the 75th STB and it had a picture of a guy in the Maroon...

:doh:

When they Stood up the STB they filled slots where people had 1yr to go through RIP,Hence No Tan Beret.The practice,to my knowledge is still going on.

Roger,on what EATIII said.
I don't know if I would say that practice is still going on however since they stood up in I think July, it's possible there are still some around.When I was at Benning in Dec. the gaggle of STB Scroll bearers were all in Tan,but that doesn't really mean anything.

jds

I think the Regiment places a lot of emphasis on the tab because Ranger School is usually the first formal school you go through when you enter battalion, and 99% of the time they wouldnt send you to any other until you completed it. I think its a gut check more than anything, a gut check that does require some luck lol. I remember yelling about "how gay this fucking school is" when I spent over 6 months there. I got my first no go because my 1SL put the claymore outside of our PB....facing our PB.... So shit like that (where you would normally be able to trust your SL in real life) gets you the bad marks, since Ranger School has attendees from all walks of life, which I would not trust my life with! Ranger School teaches you a totally different type of leadership, ie Micro-mangement at its finest, and the only way to operate successfully in Ranger Schoolis to be a complete dick head! I had a class full of IOBC dudes, and I was walking around the PB one night giving boots to all the people that were sleeping. "hey fuck you asshole" "hey fuck you too, Ill be sleeping soundly when youre up for a graded position mother fucker!" That leadership style did not fit in the same way when I returned to batt. What I took from the course is that it was simply a gut check, where you walked lots of miles with next to no sleep and next to no food. Now luckily I finally got my shit in after 6 months there, but I probably would have stayed there for at least a year, because I didnt want to have to put up with the assclowns back in Battalion. I was sent to school a few months after I got out of RIP, so I was a PV2, and I pissed off a lot of people that I bypassed who were waiting to go for much longer....so best believe I wasn't coming home to the wolves den without it!! Probably would have been a good idea to send me later so I was more familiar with the basics but liek they say adapt and overcome. Bottom line is it's one of those schools where you should find something that you can take from it, but luck will always play a big part of it unless you could get your head to spin around 360 degrees lol. Allow me this last moment to flip off guys like Cope who went straight through. ;)

Dude,

You're a 100% correct. Not to detract from the accomplishment of graduating from Ranger School. It is indeed a huge undertaking that most people will never understand. The "end all, be all" school in the infantry community. But let's face it---Ranger School is just PLDC for batt. boys. One of those necessary evils that one must endure to move up the food chain.

Back