Newbie Introduction.

Grinning Fortress

Unverified
Hello everyone,

As per the instructions for new members to this site, the first post is to be an 'Introduction', as you all are aware. So, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Dustin, but you all can call me whatever you'd like.

To start things off, I had wanted to be a soldier ever since I was a little kid. My grandfather was a tanker in WW2 and was a big source of inspiration for me to pursue this goal

I did a brief stint in the Army, 5 months and 27 days, before being medically discharged at Ft. Benning. To spare you from having to look at my background, I'll post it here.

I joined August 21, 2008 and took an 11x Airborne contract over a 15w contract. I sustained a lower back injury during week 3 while running the confidence course. I was able to continue training but further aggravated the injury to the point of being put on profile. I was halfway through week 12 when I had to stop training. After a lengthy round of visits to MACH (Martin Army Community Hospital), Winder TMC (Troop Medical Clinic) and a PEBLO (Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer) , I was informed that I was going to be medically separated from the Army. I was medically discharged February 17, 2009.

Despite all this, I have yet to give up on my original goal. I found this site during my search for information to better myself and has contributed immensely to this endeavor. You all, through your contributions to this website, have played no small part in this. I've lurked the forums until today and gleaned a wealth of knowledge from many of you and look forward to gleaning more.

Now that I'm a member I have access to the search feature. :thumbsup:

If there is anything not covered here that you're curious about, feel free to ask.

Lastly, I hope you all are doing well, or at least heading in that direction.

Welcome! I hope you the very best in your future endeavors. When one door is shut, look for another and then drive on....

Hello everyone,

As per the instructions for new members to this site, the first post is to be an 'Introduction', as you all are aware. So, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Dustin, but you all can call me whatever you'd like.

To start things off, I had wanted to be a soldier ever since I was a little kid. My grandfather was a tanker in WW2 and was a big source of inspiration for me to pursue this goal

I did a brief stint in the Army, 5 months and 27 days, before being medically discharged at Ft. Benning. To spare you from having to look at my background, I'll post it here.

I joined August 21, 2008 and took an 11x Airborne contract over a 15w contract. I sustained a lower back injury during week 3 while running the confidence course. I was able to continue training but further aggravated the injury to the point of being put on profile. I was halfway through week 12 when I had to stop training. After a lengthy round of visits to MACH (Martin Army Community Hospital), Winder TMC (Troop Medical Clinic) and a PEBLO (Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer) , I was informed that I was going to be medically separated from the Army. I was medically discharged February 17, 2009.

Despite all this, I have yet to give up on my original goal. I found this site during my search for information to better myself and has contributed immensely to this endeavor. You all, through your contributions to this website, have played no small part in this. I've lurked the forums until today and gleaned a wealth of knowledge from many of you and look forward to gleaning more.

Now that I'm a member I have access to the search feature. :thumbsup:

If there is anything not covered here that you're curious about, feel free to ask.

Lastly, I hope you all are doing well, or at least heading in that direction.
Welcome.
Did the Med Board permanently Disqualify you for Military Service?

Back