Night Stalkers killed in helicopter crash

Ravage

running up that hill
http://www.wsmv.com/news/20468469/detail.html

20469262_240X180.jpg

Two people were killed and a third was injured after an Army Black Hawk helicopter crashed on Colorado's second highest peak on Wednesday afternoon.

The helicopter, which is out of Fort Campbell, Kentucky, crashed on Mount Massive about 2 p.m., according to the Lake County Sheriff's Department. The mountain is near Leadville.

Betty Benson, a spokesperson for the sheriff's department, says crews at the crash site are looking for a fourth person who was on board and is missing.

Two Flight for Life helicopters landed at the crash scene. One of them took the survivor to St. Anthony Central Hospital in Denver.

Benson said U.S. Forest Service workers building trails with a youth group heard the crash but didn't see it.

The sheriff's office, firefighters and search and rescue team members have all responded to the crash.

The Flight for Life helicopters helped in the search for the missing person, and crews were working late into the night. The search was turned over to the military on Wednesday night.

The U.S. Forest Service says the crashed on San Isabel Forest Land in the Leadville Ranger district. It crash right near the top of the 14,421-foot peak, at 13,800 feet.

The helicopter was assigned to the 160th SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Regiment) and was conducting routine training for Special Operations while in Colorado.

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Aug. 20, 2009) - An Army MH-60 Blackhawk helicopter crashed in Leadville, Colo., on Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 19, while conducting routine mountain and environmental training.

Four Soldiers were killed in the accident. All were assigned to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) at Fort Campbell, Ky. Names of all the Soldiers involved will not be released until 24 hours after next of kin notification is complete in accordance with current Department of Defense policy.

The accident occurred in the early afternoon southwest of the town of Leadville, Colo. An investigation into the cause of the crash is underway by the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center, Fort Rucker, Ala.

Prayers being sent for the families and the fallen. Rest in peace.... your sacrifice will not be forgotten

Rest In Peace Brothers, NSDQ

"But God knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I will come out as gold"

Job 23:10

Back