Nightforce vs. Leupold

Back when I graduated the eleventeen level course, our test was to shoot a 0.001 MOA group at twelveteen thousand meters with a cross bow, using a Barska infinity power scope, with interface death ray, laser range finder. Just sayin!

Back when I graduated the eleventeen level course, our test was to shoot a 0.001 MOA group at twelveteen thousand meters with a cross bow, using a Barska infinity power scope, with interface death ray, laser range finder. Just sayin!

This guy is a good cat, a member here (not on for a while) and an SF guy... SOCOM level TIC course graduate... Like I said I probably screwed up with the numbers...

I was just joking around bro, I think I know who you're talking about (remember messaging with him). As for SOCOM, JSOC & NATO ran courses....I wouldn't know anything about them, or the levels, phases, etc.

I always figured it was all the same shit (precision long range marksmanship) with different tactics and technology dependant on the mission statement. Like a SF Sniper graduate probably doesn't need to know high profile venue, where someone working for JSOC, may need that type of training. Marksmanship part tends the be the same no matter where you go, there are really only so many ways you 'make it better' before you end up full circle of the re-inventing of the wheel.

I like leupold. My AIAE in .308 has over 6500rds through it with the same LR/T 4.5-14 scope. We shoot scope tracking drills regularly to make sure everyone's scope works. We have a Robar .50 that has a NF on it. Sadly we don't shoot it enough to give a good review on how it holds up. We just got ammo for it, so I hope to have a good review soon!

Attachments

• IMG_3625967288004.jpeg
    IMG_3625967288004.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 66
Check the buttons on the jacket, they may not all be there anymore... and it isn't even cold yet... you must have started the insulation in July...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you would have made a trip out here, I could have helped get the insulation started with a barley pop or two... maybe some nice salmon, or a buffalo burger... but no... you went and ate a cow or two all by your lonesome...

If you would have made a trip out here, I could have helped get the insulation started with a barley pop or two... maybe some nice salmon, or a buffalo burger... but no... you went and ate a cow or two all by your lonesome...

There ain't nothin wrong with eating those moo cows... although a Bison ribeye sounds pretty damn good right now.

I've personally used Nightforce scopes on some DARPA XM3's. Great quality scope and it holds a great zero even when I was on a Osprey. The ospreys tend to rattle in flight if you have never been on one. My premier reticles scope on my M110 SASS is garbage compared to the Nightforce. One of the lenses moved itself while in an Osprey one time. For ruggedness, I'd go with a Nightforce because they beat the crap of out each scope before they sell them on the market. At the factory, each scope goes through about five stations and each station batters it against a desk or post about five times to test its ruggedness and durability. Otherwise, Schmidt & Bender is a great piece of glass as well. It's equal or better to the Nightforce. I've been using S&B for about 7 years now on my bolt actions, and I couldn't ask for a more clearer, reliable piece of glass. I am a big fan of both and stick to MIL/MIL because we are in a new century and modern technology is relying on the metric system more and more. It keeps your shots consistent as well as you.

I've personally used Nightforce scopes on some DARPA XM3's. Great quality scope and it holds a great zero even when I was on a Osprey. The ospreys tend to rattle in flight if you have never been on one. My premier reticles scope on my M110 SASS is garbage compared to the Nightforce. One of the lenses moved itself while in an Osprey one time. For ruggedness, I'd go with a Nightforce because they beat the crap of out each scope before they sell them on the market. At the factory, each scope goes through about five stations and each station batters it against a desk or post about five times to test its ruggedness and durability. Otherwise, Schmidt & Bender is a great piece of glass as well. It's equal or better to the Nightforce. I've been using S&B for about 7 years now on my bolt actions, and I couldn't ask for a more clearer, reliable piece of glass. I am a big fan of both and stick to MIL/MIL because we are in a new century and modern technology is relying on the metric system more and more. It keeps your shots consistent as well as you.

Post an intro as per the rules you signed before you post again. Thank you.

Manuals are great when the guy who builds your rifle gives it to you.
Elevation, Windage, Illumination, magnification...so the one I've never fucked with has been the side focus...probably should knowing what that is. I'm guessing that does a lot more than the ocular lens focus. Only optics I've used previously were the 68 and ACOG on my M4.

Manuals are great when the guy who builds your rifle gives it to you.
Elevation, Windage, Illumination, magnification...so the one I've never fucked with has been the side focus...probably should knowing what that is. I'm guessing that does a lot more than the ocular lens focus. Only optics I've used previously were the 68 and ACOG on my M4.

It's a parallax/focus adjustment knob, and should be covered in the manual. Not going to dive into it, but basically, as you change magnification and target distance, adjust it as you look through the optic until the retical and the target come into focus. You won't see a hell of alot of difference at 100yds but past 500yds it really helps.

Last edited:
Back