No Thanks from Iraq

Fuck them. Yeah Saddam was an asshole and uday and Qusay were pricks too but I was fighting for my ranger buddies and to make sure these insurgent assholes stayed here, fought here, and died here rather than them traking the fight to the US. Not to say no one else fought for the same thing, please do not misread my statement, but fuck the Iraqis. It is what it is

JT - agreed. Fuck those ungrateful bastards. I just got back this morning... Wow - that place changes every time I go back. After the June 30th thing, you'd think the evil Americans were gone and Allah had returned to make Iraq peace and flowers... YEAH, RIGHT.

That place is going to be a hellstorm the moment we reduce our presence (as opposed to just being out of sight). Without getting into details, the new convoy rules are ridiculous, the overflight rules are ridiculous, etc.

I'm praying to God I get to work with the guys I worked with this time... that is, assuming they don't get pulled out too. :doh:

JT - agreed. Fuck those ungrateful bastards. I just got back this morning... Wow - that place changes every time I go back. After the June 30th thing, you'd think the evil Americans were gone and Allah had returned to make Iraq peace and flowers... YEAH, RIGHT.

That place is going to be a hellstorm the moment we reduce our presence (as opposed to just being out of sight). Without getting into details, the new convoy rules are ridiculous, the overflight rules are ridiculous, etc.

I'm praying to God I get to work with the guys I worked with this time... that is, assuming they don't get pulled out too. :doh:

Fuck them man, lil do they know that if they bring this shit back over to our side of the pond, we will be back and we will stay next time, if we are not staying already. Dude, I am a contractor and i am telling you, without American in the city, you would have to pay me at least 1200 a day to work there. It is a matter of time before that country implodes, just IMO.

An interesting development.

http://ebird.osd.mil/cgi-bin/ebird/displaydata.pl?Requested=/ebfiles/e20090724691994.html

USA Today
July 24, 2009
Pg. 8

Al-Maliki Honors U.S. Sacrifice In Iraq

PM's gesture a departure from tough talk at home

By Ken Dilanian and Aamer Madhani, USA Today

ARLINGTON, Va. — Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, whose disparaging comments about U.S. troops have drawn criticism from American officials recently, visited Arlington Cemetery on Thursday and laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns.Flanked by honor guards from each branch of the armed forces, al-Maliki stood respectfully at attention during a brief ceremony.

After a 19-gun salute, the U.S. Army Band played the national anthems for Iraq and the United States. A single bugler then played Taps.

Al-Maliki left without making public comment, as is common practice at such ceremonies.

The display of gratitude toward the more than 4,300 U.S. troops who have died in the Iraq war was a departure from al-Maliki's recent tone — and a potentially risky political move for him back in Iraq.

Prior to last month's deadline for U.S. troops to withdraw from Iraq's cities, al-Maliki trumpeted the occasion as a "victory" for Iraq over the American "occupiers." He also compared the withdrawal to Iraq's 1920 revolt against British colonial rule. In a speech on June 30, which he dubbed "National Sovereignty Day," he failed to mention the U.S. military's role in helping bring down violence in Iraq.

I say we leave completely...and then bomb the fucking place back to the stone age ! Too Harsh ?

i said it a long fucking time ago... turn that shit whole into a parking lot.. what happens to sand when it reachs 2000k degress.... fuck that place...

when i was there in 06 the great 25th wouldnt let a 7 day old baby girl on to see the docs.. said they needed to learn to live without us.. i said if we arent here to protect these poor bastards then send me the fuck home.. insted the put me on a SKT team... that was a fuck up if I ever saw it..

Back