NTR what is my next step?

Thtshortdude

Unverified
I finished psyop selection but at the end wasn't selected and got an NTR I asked but they didn't say why. I did kinda complain alot not gonna lie think that was it if im being honest. Did a lot of growing up since then not necessarily trying to get my NTR over turned just wondering if there is still something I could do in the SOF community.

I finished psyop selection but at the end wasn't selected and got an NTR I asked but they didn't say why. I did kinda complain alot not gonna lie think that was it if im being honest. Did a lot of growing up since then not necessarily trying to get my NTR over turned just wondering if there is still something I could do in the SOF community.
You’ll find your way to SOF if it’s meant to be.

This wasn’t a rejection, it was a redirect -> pick your chin up and go find what you are being redirected to.

Here’s a little secret: Everyone in SOF has had a growing up moment and been told they don’t have it. The difference is what community members did with that feedback.

@DZ is right, you have options. One option is go cut your teeth in the big Army, and then go back but to a different selection once you’ve matured and have more to contribute. Not cutting you down, you’ll certainly have humbling/maturing experiences for the rest of your life, and you’ll be better because of them - they don’t stop just because a few stripes get put on or you get a colored beret.

Quietly go put in work, perfect your craft and then come back so we can celebrate with you on your hard earned success 👍🏻

I met one guy in the Q that was a prior NTR. He went to the regular army for 3-4 years, had consistent good NCOERs, got his Ranger tab, picked up E6, and appealed his NTR and was allowed back in. He was also a complete POS and got dropped and NTR’d a second time later in SUT. So, it’s possible, but I’d do some hard introspection into why they gave you a NTR in the first place and work on fixing your shortcomings, or take it as a career redirect as previously suggested.

Back