Not Work Safe Ohhh Canada....

Here's something cool that came out of Canada. Never mind that you have to go back nearly 900 years....it's still cool!

Since copper is not native to Canada, it would be fascinating to learn how this copper tipped arrow ended up in Canadian ice.

'Incredible' 900-year-old copper arrowhead discovered on Canadian mountain

1518556122797.jpg

That's awesome!

These are the type of things that make me think we used to be an advanced civilization or at one point had an advanced civilization visit us at one point.

Now if you don't mind I need to go and reapply non stick spray to my tinfoil hat I can feel the radiowaves starting to break through.
Nah, not really. The people that inhabited the Americas had some pretty complex trade networks waaayyy before European exploration of the continent. North American prehistory is pretty interesting and the date for human habitation keeps getting pushed back more and more, I think around the NW Coast it's around 12-14,000 years ago... maybe more. Something that is 900 years old, while awesome, is still not very old in regards to Canada and North America.

When you read about some of the survival strategies and recreate the tools that people used carve a niche for themselves in NA, you tend to gain a renewed respect of the tenacity and resourcefulness of mankind.

Last edited:
Pffft...lizard people ain't got nothing on prehistoric American Paleo Indians. In conjunction with changing climates, humies are part of the reason the giant beasties went away. Mix in tribal feuding, warfare, ritualistic killings, slavery, and everything else, does one starts to realize how scary as a species we are...

Manis Mastodon site

main-qimg-e810f65afbd6569ab1a0811e207b9d5f

Rackmaster

Is he really the only Canadian we have on this board to pick on? Surely there have to be a few hidden somewhere?

If I was Canadian I would totally get a T-Shirt with the Canadian Punisher Logo above....of course I would then be obligated to apologize to every one I meet in case I scared them! :ROFLMAO:

Is he really the only Canadian we have on this board to pick on? Surely there have to be a few hidden somewhere?

If I was Canadian I would totally get a T-Shirt with the Canadian Punisher Logo above....of course I would then be obligated to apologize to every one I meet in case I scared them! :ROFLMAO:

There's a few more and even some dual citizens but I won't call them out. ;-)

Canada and Florida in the same story?!?

1519877192833.png

She thought it was a bomb. Turns out the Canadian Air Force just needs more practice.

Luce Rameau was lying in bed and talking to a friend on her cellphone when she heard what she thought was a bomb.
Then she was covered in wood and dust from her roof.
“I kept screaming, ‘What happened? What happened?”’ she said. “I was shocked.”
Turns out what sounded like a bomb was actually an 80-pound inflatable raft crashing through the roof of her home in the 14000 block of Northeast 10th Court.

About damn time....there might be hope for my Canuck friends of the North yet!

Analysis | Canadians’ love affair with Justin Trudeau is over

OTTAWA — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau no longer looks invincible.

After showing a steady lead in public opinion surveys for more than two years after his surprise October 2015 election victory, Trudeau appears to be politically vulnerable. And that’s despite a buoyant economy, what’s seen as a steady hand in NAFTA trade talks with President Trump, and a weak political opposition.

“All of a sudden, we saw this drop,” said David Coletto, chief executive of Abacus Data, an Ottawa polling firm, referring to his company’s latest poll, completed in early March. “It’s the first time since Trudeau became prime minister that we have results showing the Conservatives slightly ahead.”

CBC’s Poll Tracker, which aggregates and weights the results of a dozen opinion surveys, reported in late March that the opposition Conservative Party is now in the lead, at 37.7 percent of voting intentions, compared with Trudeau’s Liberals, at 33.7 percent. The left-of-center New Democratic Party was third at 18.5 percent.

Some observers say it’s just a question of midterm blues, with a Canadian election not scheduled until the fall of 2019. But the real culprit seems to have been Trudeau’s visit to India in February. During the week-long trip, Trudeau was widely mocked for wearing traditional Indian garb as he crossed India with his wife and three children.

E2DCB61D-D87C-40B1-93A3-B6EBEE1297B3.jpeg

You're the leader of a major country, not a tourist. What a disappointing way to act.

Back