Options out of NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke up because everyone else was quiet. Now you are mad about me speaking up. Instead of immediately jumping at me because of my age, add to what I said and add your personal experience on the subject. Nobody commented on the validity of my answers, just on the fact that I am 15 and lack experience and should keep my mouth shut, even though I am providing help and answers to the OP that nobody else had. It is common sense that infantry will likely see more combat than a supply clerk. Their job is to be in combat. That isn't me showing how little I know, that's logic.
You seriously need to take a step back, and think before you post. You're coming off as an extremely ignorant, and unprofessional, this site has a community full of men who have done things your not even old enough to dream about. Just because his question didn't get answered right away is not an excuse for you to spew out your B.S opinions about how you think things work. Be humble this site can be a great tool, or a bad start on your path to a military career.

I'm not asking out of lack of belief or disrespect. I'm just curious. I don't see why everyone has to take this so negatively.

By my count, there four who are having trouble with your inputs.You have no personal, first hand knowledge, or experience in active military service. If you read the thread title it is for "US Marine Corps Special Operations", that means only those with personal first hand knowledge in Marine Special Operations and experience, respond to questions. You can hide behind the "I was just asking" or "I was just curious" for only a little. You are beyond that, and you are handing out advice; that is why you are seeing "negativity" with what you are saying. You are well out of your lane in handing out any advice on this, and just about every military thread I can think of. My advice to you, is to stop now! Read more, and post less.

Last edited:
You seriously need to take a step back, and think before you post. You're coming off as an extremely ignorant, and unprofessional, this site has a community full of men who have done things your not even old enough to dream about. Just because his question didn't get answered right away is not an excuse for you to spew out your B.S opinions about how you think things work. Be humble this site can be a great tool, or a bad start on your path to a military career.

Let the Mods and Admins take care of this.

I spoke up because everyone else was quiet. Now you are mad about me speaking up.

People that could have answered, but have time constraints saw the abortion you created on the thread and stayed away.

Nobody commented on the validity of my answers, just on the fact that I am 15 and lack experience and should keep my mouth shut

there was no need to comment on the validity of your answers, they have no basis in reality or experience.

even though I am providing help and answers to the OP that nobody else had.

You were making noise and claiming expertise based on your extensive expertise gained in JROTC... people were laughing so hard they couldn't answer the original poster.

It is common sense that infantry will likely see more combat than a supply clerk. Their job is to be in combat. That isn't me showing how little I know, that's logic.

There are Infantrymen who never saw combat, and supply clerks with silver stars, it's all about location, timing, and enemy action. More Infantrymen do get the chance to be in contact with the enemy by reason of their MOS, but it by no means a guarantee.

You are dancing an Irish Jig all over your junk with sharpened track shoes... the hole you've is deep enough to be your grave instead of a fighting position, before your verbal choreography on your penis causes you to need the grave you've dug ... you're best served by closing your mouth and reading for a bit, if you would like to stay on this site and use its resources.

Your choice, quiet and let the storm pass, or open your yap and reap the consequences.

Whatcha gonna do, PL?

Sir I am in MCJROTC, involved with a nearby NROTC program, and spend nearly half of my school day with Marine Officers. I may not be in the military, but I am not clueless. His first question was about being a regular Marine Infantry Officer, not MARSOC. I won't answer questions strictly about MARSOC because there are people that are actually in it on here that can answer them, and they definitely know more than me. I only answered his first and third question.

@Molinaro I don't see how my answer was hateful. Don't rate it hate just because I am 15 and you think I know nothing.

Let's be plain. You're qualified to speak about MCJROTC, Call of Duty (probably) and the challenges of puberty. Not a damn thing else.

Were you in the infantry? I get that obviously not everyone in Iraq and Afghanistan won't directly see combat, even some in the infantry probably won't. But deployed infantry have a better chance of seeing combat than supply clerks.

I was.

Go away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir I am in MCJROTC, involved with a nearby NROTC program, and spend nearly half of my school day with Marine Officers. I may not be in the military, but I am not clueless. His first question was about being a regular Marine Infantry Officer, not MARSOC. I won't answer questions strictly about MARSOC because there are people that are actually in it on here that can answer them, and they definitely know more than me. I only answered his first and third question.

@Molinaro I don't see how my answer was hateful. Don't rate it hate just because I am 15 and you think I know nothing.

I hated what you said because it seems as if you assume that after five years of service you can easily switch branches. I can tell you from first hand experience that is no walk in the park, so if you have a dream chase it now don't bank on a long shot like that. Normally I wouldn't have replied to something like this as I assume by now you get the point but, since you felt the need to call me out by name I figured I'll explain myself. Best of luck to you and to the original poster of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back