Oris Force Recon Watch

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
Here is the watch: Oris - Timeline Photos | Facebook
Edit: The CEO from Oris has contacted me and is doing his best to make sure that the Force Recon community benefits long term from this partnership. Right now they are talking with the Marine Recon Foundation. More to follow. Contact me if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions.

Last edited:
Sucks to say, but If HQMC signed off on it...

I think they should indeed give back to the community they are profiting from. Shame on HQMC for selling out.

ETA, my post to their FB page...

"How much are YOU giving back to the Recon Marines, and their families that have died and been wounded/injured in order to give the honor and respectability to the name Recon Marine that you have chosen to profit from???"

Last edited:
I like what Shumate Watches has done with the SFA. Their watches are marketed thru "The Drop", and presented with three different dial faces.

Dang bro. Where's the hook up? Lol
That's my point. But I'm not talking about the individual hook ups those Marines got... more like a hook up to the community in general through one of the non-profits who support us. My brothers and I have broken our backs and shed our blood to build and protect our community's proud reputation. That prestigious legacy should not be purchased so easily with a couple free dive watches.

There was no hook up. Oris just wanted them to wear the watch and take pictures of them doing Recon stuff while wearing the watch. At the end they had to return the watch. Like anyone is going to give a Recon Marine anything of value; especially, not a 3,500 dollar watch.

In addition to that, reconnaissance is spelled wrong on the face plate (not sure what else it would be called). Good thing @x SF med doesnt work there, he'd have everyone writing essays on Recon Marines or writing reconnaissance out over and over on a white board haha.

Last edited:
With a price tag like that...there is no legitimate reason as to why they couldn't make a donation to MRF for each watch sold. That would be the decent thing to do...that is, if they have any integrity and care for more than the almighty dollar.

There was no hook up. Oris just wanted them to wear the watch and take pictures of them doing Recon stuff while wearing the watch. At the end they had to return the watch. Like anyone is going to give a Recon Marine anything of value; especially, not a 3,500 dollar watch.

So Oris is looking to profit of Recon Marine's name/reputation with ZERO financial gain to the Recon community... :hmm:

Fuck Oris!

In addition to that, reconnaissance is spelled wrong on the face plate (not sure what else it would be called). Good thing @x SF med doesnt work there, he'd have everyone writing essays on Recon Marines or writing reconnaissance out over and over on a white board haha.

They might have fixed it, I've seen another pic with it spelled correctly.

I remember reading about this watch a few months ago in Cigar Aficionado -

Does anyone know what programs for Geronimo is referring to?

<snip> V.J. Geronimo, CEO-North America for Oris Watches USA, who notes that part of the proceeds from sales will support the unit's programs.

Oris Joins the Marines with the Force Recon GMT Diver | The Good Life | Cigar Aficionado

Feel free to comment on his page! Spread the word. Bring them to the table. What they are doing is not right.

Done sir. I posted on the same area you put the 1st Force post.

Note to any who posts on Facebook - be sure to do an @Oris along with any #oris. The @ will flag to the company that they have been directly mentioned.

Oris ,Can you please expand on this quote from your CEO?<snip> V.J. Geronimo, CEO-North America for Oris Watches USA, who notes that part of the proceeds from sales will support the unit's programs...WHICH PROGRAMS? .http://www.cigaraficionado.com/.../oris-joins-the-marines...

ETA -
They are pimping this on Twitter too. Posted the same message on that page as well -
Oris SA on Twitter

Here is a review of the watch with some better pics, have it admit is is a nice looking piece.
Review: Oris Force Recon GMT Diver -

Last edited:
purchased a license from Headquarters Marine Corps

I've got a nasty old M7 bayonet in the garage I can leave out for a few nights to rust, do you think the suggestion whoever signed this off with 0% going back to the community commit sepukku with no second is going to far?

Sounds like Oris got free advertising fodder with real Recon Marines, thereby increasing the brand's perceived legitimacy whilst giving up nothing. Smart marketing, but they used those Marines like Kensington Avenue whores.

Back