Paleo Diet

Diamondback 2/2

Infantry
Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
So a buddy of mine lost a metric ton of weight on the Paleo diet and recommended my fat ass get on it. I paid for an online download for recipe book, 8 wk meal plan, herb and spices and some quick meal plans, etc. I have been on the diet roughly a week and I have lost about 5 pounds, but I am going to wait for some more drastic results before I get on here and totally recommend the diet. My buddy lost about 40lbs in 5 months and he was in a lot better shape than I am currently in, so I have high hopes.

The main reason I am posting this thread is to offer the downloads to anyone interested, the files are too big to upload here. I paid roughly $30 for them, so not too expensive, but I’ll email a free copy of it to anyone interested. Just send me a PM.

Attached is the smaller 8wk plan, the page numbers on the daily diet work with the recipe book.

Attachments

• paleo-meal-plan.pdf
    903.4 KB · Views: 139
I'm very interested in this diet. I am kind of addicted to carbs though which has kinda held me back from doing it already.

Yeah you can defiantly feel the lack of sugar and carbs. I am hoping it works well for me, I have had some real trouble controlling body weight the past few years. It’s crazy how your body reacts when you go from eating whatever you want running 5 miles a day, to no PT and oh shit, can’t eat that shit anymore.:hmm:

I've been interested in this for a while, but those meals look pretty complicated for a barracks room that technically isn't supposed to even have a coffee maker.

I agree with getting rid of the bad, nutrient poor carbs, decreasing the refined sugar and caffein. Like the Atkins though, I have a boatload of problems with the protein overload of this diet. Does awaful things for your renal solute load. Protein molecules are huge things and going through the kidney's filtering system can rip it to shreds. And bacon fat is still FAT. Be advised. The ONLY energy source your brain cells can use is glucose, so you have to have enough of some carbs to feed the old garbanzo bean.

Fad diets come amd fad diets go. Eathing a well balanced, lean diet will never ever go out of style. Consume less calories, make the ones yyou do count high nutritionalls and get moving. That's how ya lose weight and keep it off

I've been interested in this for a while, but those meals look pretty complicated for a barracks room that technically isn't supposed to even have a coffee maker.

I know of one or two guys that are using this diet while deployed. .02c

My wife and I adopted this style of eating about 5 months ago. I lost 17 lbs the first month (and no I didn't have a gut hangin' over my belt), and have lost another 5 since then. I am at my lowest body fat percentage in the last 5 years. My wife went from a pants size 8 to a size 2. We have both experienced gains in our work outs, and feel great. My wife used to have sleep issues, and does not any longer. Also, she is a type 1 diabetic and has greatly reduced her insulin dependance. I personaly cannot say enough good things about this style of eating. It can get expensive, but as always there are ways to mitigate this. Also, we have discovered alot of really great recipes, and I really enjoy most meals.

I was on this diet for a little bit mainly just to limit the crap that I ate. However, being a naturally skinnier guy, I was having some issues eating enough calories. It all depends on your goals though. I'm interested to see your thoughts on it in the future JAB.

The ONLY energy source your brain cells can use is glucose,

You get your glucose from the fruit you consume.

However, being a naturally skinnier guy, I was having some issues eating enough calories.

If you are naturally skinny, then the protein and fat should have helped you gain some mass. Also, your statement doesn't really make sense as a calorie is a unit of energy-producing potential equal to this amount of heat that is contained in food and released upon oxidation by the body. So basically your saying that following this diet did not provide you with enough energy for your skinny frame. I find this hard to believe as I am 6'5", 215 lbs, and I have more energy then I did before starting this lifestyle.

Keep us updated...I start the South Beach diet on Monday I have done it twice before but I modified it and could jog then. 6'8", 260 lbs today. Like to drop 30 lbs

If you are naturally skinny, then the protein and fat should have helped you gain some mass. Also, your statement doesn't really make sense as a calorie is a unit of energy-producing potential equal to this amount of heat that is contained in food and released upon oxidation by the body. So basically your saying that following this diet did not provide you with enough energy for your skinny frame. I find this hard to believe as I am 6'5", 215 lbs, and I have more energy then I did before starting this lifestyle.
You are absolutely correct. The issue wasn't so much the structure of the diet as much as the foods I was eating. I'm not saying the diet isn't applicable to skinnier guys in the least, it's just that my goal has been to put on weight and it's easier for me to make a chicken sandwich than many paleo dishes. I wanted more calories for weight gain, not energy- energy was great. I don't want to detract from the thread any further but by all means we can discuss this via PM or something.

Back