Paleo Diet

You get your glucose from the fruit you consume.

If you are naturally skinny, then the protein and fat should have helped you gain some mass. Also, your statement doesn't really make sense as a calorie is a unit of energy-producing potential equal to this amount of heat that is contained in food and released upon oxidation by the body. So basically your saying that following this diet did not provide you with enough energy for your skinny frame. I find this hard to believe as I am 6'5", 215 lbs, and I have more energy then I did before starting this lifestyle.

Yeah, I bet you also wear those gay toe shoes as you tip toe through the tulips on your 5 mile runs. Do they make NY winter mukluks in 5 fingers too? :D

I quit drinking beer. Switched to liquors. Higher in sugar but less in carbs. That works right??? haha. It took off a few pounds but I'm not fat yet so I can still handle it.

They say wine and any triple distilled liquor is good to go.

Since I left Batt., I don't drink nearly as much. Pretty much an occasional beer when we have people over. Other than that I pretty much consume coffee and water, and orange juice every now and again.

They say wine and any triple distilled liquor is good to go.

Since I left Batt., I don't drink nearly as much. Pretty much an occasional beer when we have people over. Other than that I pretty much consume coffee and water, and orange juice every now and again.

Goon whats your thoughts on lightly sweeten tea while on the paleo diet? I've been burned out on the H2o all day...

Cosmos don't really count as a drink so you're probably good. Damn, 20lbs? Seriously, is that just water retention or was that actual fat loss?

It is the sugars in the liquor and beer that fuck me up. Take that away and you will lose weight.

Goon whats your thoughts on lightly sweeten tea while on the paleo diet? I've been burned out on the H2o all day...

I get that way as well and I've found that the Propel packets or powdered Gatorade helps immensely with my water intake. The issue with doing something like Paleo at first is that there is a period of time where the body will intensely crave the sugar it is being deprived of. It makes it much harder to stay on track with doing things like drinking "lightly sweetened" tea. It can trigger even more cravings by the body and next thing you know you're eating sugar by the spoonful straight out of the bag. :D

started paleo at about 90-95% when I first started crossfit back in April. It works, I leaned up a shit load and feel great and clean.

Fast forward to November. Im at about 75% paleo.

I gave up beer - as one average bottle of beer is the equivalent to eating two slices of that cheap shit bread. I do tequila wherever I go.

Monday through Friday at the work week I am nothing but veggies, almonds, eggs, apples, and meat ( I buy a rotissary chicken every two days and strip it raw). Since football started, my weekends have been pure shit in terms of paleo upkeep as me and buds are always doing something for the games.

Well, I agree with CDG, in that if you don't go strict paleo the first two months or so, you won't fully adapt. After being strict at first, you will discover that a lot of those cravings have left (sugar), and that you actually don't care for the things you used to really enjoy. I would say try having a glass of 100% orange juice as opposed to sweetened drinks to mix things up.

That all being said, everyone has the stuff that they "cheat" on, so whatever. I would just reccomend holding off on the cheating until after youve been eating paleo for about 2 months.

This...

I get that way as well and I've found that the Propel packets or powdered Gatorade helps immensely with my water intake. :D

I also like the Crystal Light packets. Helps break up the monotony of pounding plain water all day long.

Another thing that can help with the sugar cravings is using Paleo approved foods and spices to make shit that tastes good. One of my favorite desserts is mashed sweet potatoes mixed with applesauce and ground cinnamon. It's fucking delicious.

Okay, to revive an almost year old thread;

The Lazy Caveman website seems pretty cool, I've been trying to diet and purchase food that would keep me on track for Paleo, but no shit, I can't eat that clean consistently or I'd want to kill myself. However, without just getting balls deep, it seems like a pretty awesome start.

How's everyone's progress with the diet?

I do alright except for the fact that I like scotch and beer too much to give them up. And I probably drink too much coffee. And I like sandwiches. And burgers. And fries. Other than that I'm 100% Paleo though. :D

I plan on finding a CF gym ASAP when I hit San Diego. I'm a bit worried that it might register a bit high on the doucheyness scale due to the location, but we'll see. I'm also going to be following this as closely as possible. I have at least 7 months there for school, so we will see how it goes...
I like ice cream and cake and frozen yogurt.

I am not as strict now as when I started, but I would say 85 percent of what I eat would be paleo-compliant. Also, for beer, check out Redbridge, they make a great gluten free beer. It's not completely paleo, but its a great compromise, since most of us aren't going to give up drinking a beer. Having just recently crossed the 1 year mark since going paleo, I can say that it legit works as a long term way of eating. It's not a fad diet that cuts the pounds off for a few weeks or months, but is something you can sustain. I eat eggs and bacon every morning for breakfast, and have steak atleast 3 nights a week....I can't complain about that!

Back