Pararescue BMT?

Brent5738

Unverified
Another recruiting question:

My recruiter told me there were certain times in the year where PJ cones are all put in the same flight at basic, and they get worked harder than a normal flight. This seems too good to be true, so I thought I would inquire here. Is there any truth to this?

Yes and no.
My son was in a flight filled with people going into the "Battlefield Airman" career fields (he was one of three non-BA people in the flight). They tried to squeeze extra PT in when they could, but he didn't notice any difference in their PT.

you do your own pt in the dorms but its not because of the TI'S its because of the mentally of your flight members going for the same career! Now they will give you blue arm bands which supposily they pt you harder...but they dont lol

you do your own pt in the dorms but its not because of the TI'S its because of the mentally of your flight members going for the same career! Now they will give you blue arm bands which supposily they pt you harder...but they dont lol
I recall one guy running in C lane with a blue armband like mine and getting verbally reamed as he passed the clock and was noticed. Its not that they work you harder, its that they keep a closer eye on you and don't give you the opportunity to slack ass.
And we found very creative ways to do pt, particularly pull ups, in the dorm.
Also, it helps you to form bonds prior to Indoc. Hopefully. And they dont have to house people waiting for enough to arrive at the 342 to try and start a team. There are a lot of reasons in other words.

Sorry - I'm using tapatalk on my iPhone, and the only options it gives me are NSFW, NSFW-video, Photos, and Video. It won't let me NOT pick one.

Fail.

Sorry - I'm using tapatalk on my iPhone, and the only options it gives me are NSFW, NSFW-video, Photos, and Video. It won't let me NOT pick one.

Fail.

Yeah, my phone gave me tapatalk option as well. So....I...dont...use...tap...a....talk.

Now as for your question about PJ BMT flights. Yes they put them together for reasons already mentioned. AF TI's honeslty have no clue about what it really takes to make it at any of the battlefield selection courses. We brief them as best we can. However, that is not their goal or their lane. They are BMT instructors and their goal is to graduate trainees into airmen for the AF....period dot. The reality of it is 90% of the guys in those flights arent going to make it. But 99.9% of them are going to grauduate basic trainining. So are they going to focus on your PJ aspirations? No...not really...and definitely not going to do it to your expectations.

You wanna be a PJ? Bust your ass, get in shape, leave for basic well above Indoc grad standards and do your best to maintain while you are at basic.

You will have to be resourceful in the dorm, that is the only tip I can give you. Im pretty sure some of what we did violated safety rules, so I am not directly stating or suggesting any of it.

Max i just read your post in the "wannabes" thread, if you're AD already nothing I was discussing would apply to you, because this was in basic. If you're just now leaving for basic GTEP CCT, good on you for having the patience and sticking with it and not just takin something else to get in, but in that case see above.
Edit: second paragraph added.

Haven't left for BMT yet (Nov 16th). Understood on where you're coming from, thanks!

Back