Parliament in lockdown

I was just outside the Parliament building where this happened in October.... Sort of surprised he made it into the courtyard, there were literally dozens of armed police with MP5's and m4's surrounding that building. Most major tourist attractions and/or Gov't buildings have multiple armed police in London. Perhaps they will start training more officers to carry firearms.

Bad Guy #1 of 2 (have we confirmed that there are 2 yet?)

View attachment 18318

OK. Some may disagree but hey, we can do that. With that said, my experience of 17 years as a paramedic in the hood says this: Why are the paramedics working this guy? A MASCAL is going on, including a down cop, innocent folks. Now, at the very least, 4 to 5 medics will be working this trauma code, taking a MICU out of service, now requiring a shock trauma bay / trauma doc to open his chest. Now, a trauma bay is out of service, all of this taking resources that are needed elsewhere. Don't get me wrong. I am not Monday morning QB this thing, maybe a little but in any MASCAL, a dead person is black tagged / white sheeted, move on to those you can save. Not sure of the jerk off was agonal (barely breathing) but by the looks, he is intubated (breathing tube) and C.P.R. is going on (one handed might I add), pumping any blood what is left onto ground. He is D.R.T. Leave him there and move to a salvageable patient. I get it, but don't agree on working a dead person in a MASCAL, been there, done it.

Edit: looking again at the pic, they may be holding pressure to the chest wound AND preforming C.P.R., I was not there but stand by my stance,

In other news. Those dudes in regular clothes and tact'd out. They cops or military?

M.

OK. Some may disagree but hey, we can do that. With that said, my experience of 17 years as a paramedic in the hood says this: Why are the paramedics working this guy? A MASCAL is going on, including a down cop, innocent folks. Now, at the very least, 4 to 5 medics will be working this trauma code, taking a MICU out of service, now requiring a shock trauma bay / trauma doc to open his chest. Now, a trauma bay is out of service, all of this taking resources that are needed elsewhere. Don't get me wrong. I am not Monday morning QB this thing, maybe a little but in any MASCAL, a dead person is black tagged / white sheeted, move on to those you can save. Not sure of the jerk off was agonal (barely breathing) but by the looks, he is intubated (breathing tube) and C.P.R. is going on (one handed might I add), pumping any blood what is left onto ground. He is D.R.T. Leave him there and move to a salvageable patient. I get it, but don't agree on working a dead person in a MASCAL, been there, done it.

Edit: looking again at the pic, they may be holding pressure to the chest wound AND preforming C.P.R., I was not there but stand by my stance,

In other news. Those dudes in regular clothes and tact'd out. They cops or military?

M.

They were police mate, part of SCO19.

Wait, Khalid Masood isn't an Asian name? Also, ISIS is claiming responsibility.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/...3&nl=breaking-news&nlid=79207956&ref=headline

He was born in England and converted to Islam in later life. His birth name was Adrian Elms.

He was a violent criminal with a history of convictions spanning 20 years and had been under investigation at one stage by MI5 for links to extremism but fell off the radar then, up until this. I hope the cunt died screaming.

M.
I don't care if he was salvageable, they know he was the bad guy and that should have moved him to the back of the line for treatment. I hope he was crying like a baby as he bleed 0ut.

RIP.

I understand the logic behind the unarmed Bobbies but given the current situation, every officer should have a sidearm.

No sarcasm intended, but I do not understand the logic. Is it to give off a less threatening vibe to the public, or to prevent police escalating a situation?

The logic is more or less twofold: stop an arms race between police and crims and to linger in an old fashioned view that the people don't think the police need to be armed day to day. I can't speak to how true the second one is these days- I can ask around- but the first is dangerous, IMO. The problem is, in my view, not just that the police are unarmed (so are ours, day to day) but that they do not have any firearms training at all at a general duties level and consequently have no access to firearms (unlike here where there are pistols and rifles in the cars).

I think it's probably a lot more complicated than what I can write about in all honesty- there probably is a vibe about being nonthreatening but I do wonder how much of it is old attitudes.

I'm at a conference and one of the guys in the class is a firearms officer in the Met. His take is that there will likely be an increase in PCs being issued with Tasers. Whether they will add more firearms officers is a different issue altogether.

I don't care if he was salvageable, they know he was the bad guy and that should have moved him to the back of the line for treatment. I hope he was crying like a baby as he bleed 0ut.

The bad guys aren't as talkative after they're dead. I'm glad they're going to be able to question and investigate him. I'm also glad he got shot up prior to being captured.

- UPDATE -

I get that self-preservation is human nature, but don’t you have to try and do ‘something’? Distract, chase, something other than lock yourself in the car and watch your brother officer be attacked? And then be ‘knighted’ after?

Police chief locked himself in car as terrorist stabbed PC to death at Commons

A senior member of the police locked himself in his car and watched as a terroriststabbed his colleague to death at the House of Commons, an inquest has heard.

The acting Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police stayed in his car as Khalid Masood murdered an unarmed officer because he had no protective equipment.

Sir Craig Mackey, now Deputy Commissioner of Scotland Yard, had been to a meeting with Policing Minister Brandon Lewis and was being driven out of the Palace of Westminster when the carnage unfolded on March 22 last year.

Masood, 52, had mowed down pedestrians on Westminster Bridge before crashing his hired SUV into the perimeter fence near the Houses of Parliament, running through the gates and stabbing unarmed Pc Keith Palmer to death.

Self preservation should be secondary to protecting the public and coming to the aid your fellow officers for any LEO. The perp had a knife, not a machine-gun. I could understand if the Chief was decrepit, but he looks pretty husky to me.

Back