Peacetime role of the regiment?

What kind of update are you looking for?

Well since the last post was over a year ago, it was mostly speculation on what the regiment was going to be doing based on gwot and pre 9/11. Not that 1 year would necessarily change everything, but I was curious if that speculation held out to be true.

Same thing it did before. Prepare for war with a high intensity optempo with some of the best personnel and equipment available. The whole reason there's so many 4 days is because there's so many other days where your weekends got jacked because X exercise took 2 weeks or Y exercise had to happen on a weekend for Z reason, etc. Nevermind that the state of the world today is prime territory for utilization of the force's raid capabilities in denied terrain.

Well since the last post was over a year ago, it was mostly speculation on what the regiment was going to be doing based on gwot and pre 9/11. Not that 1 year would necessarily change everything, but I was curious if that speculation held out to be true.

You would do yourself a much bigger favor by not speculating on inanities like this, but by getting your mind and body right for BCT/AIT/BAC/RASP. You write the check for an amount up to and including your life, you do what is required; peacetime, wartime, or anything in between.

You would do yourself a much bigger favor by not speculating on inanities like this, but by getting your mind and body right for BCT/AIT/BAC/RASP. You write the check for an amount up to and including your life, you do what is required; peacetime, wartime, or anything in between.

Roger that, getting back in my lane.

I'm a bit surprised that anyone could read the entire thread and still have questions, particularly since guys with pre-9/11 Regiment time answered the OP. Their answers are timeless so how did you read all four pages and still have questions or doubt?

I'm a bit surprised that anyone could read the entire thread and still have questions, particularly since guys with pre-9/11 Regiment time answered the OP. Their answers are timeless so how did you read all four pages and still have questions or doubt?

I did not mean to sound like I was doubting or questioning what anyone that had spoke on this thread before me was saying. I would have absolutely no place or right for that at all. I was just curious if there was any information on any specifics of how the Regiment is doing right now. Mere curiosity drove me to ask it. Between reading books such as The Reaper, and Violence of Action, as well as threads on here and articles on Sofrep, hearing about the evolution of the Regiment is extremely fascinating to me. I was out of my lane commenting on this thread in the first place. But I thoroughly enjoyed reading it before and thought a question may spark it back up again if anyone had anything new on the subject. My apologies.

I did not mean to sound like I was doubting or questioning what anyone that had spoke on this thread before me was saying. I would have absolutely no place or right for that at all. I was just curious if there was any information on any specifics of how the Regiment is doing right now. Mere curiosity drove me to ask it. Between reading books such as The Reaper, and Violence of Action, as well as threads on here and articles on Sofrep, hearing about the evolution of the Regiment is extremely fascinating to me. I was out of my lane commenting on this thread in the first place. But I thoroughly enjoyed reading it before and thought a question may spark it back up again if anyone had anything new on the subject. My apologies.

"Out of your lane?" Not to me at least, but that's one man's opinion. I think, and this is a learning point for you, that you lacked some situational awareness and allowed your eagerness to get the best of you. Temper your enthusiasm and learn to pick your battles. You have an "80% solution" in front of you and often that 80% is all you'll have in life. 80% now is usually better than 100% later.

Think of it like this: if the Regiment's current usage is a problem then how will you react when it changes...and it will change if you're in long enough. When your attitude changes then your performance will change because your concern is the day-to-day. Every day is a selection and every task is a test. The guys around you and the scroll will always matter whether you're deployed or not. The rest will fall into place because those events are out of your control.

If those things bother you then you need a new job. There's no shame in life without that scroll, but there are mountains of shame for not giving it your all whether you're kicking in doors or inspecting a DFAC. Every job is important and deserves your utmost.

"Out of your lane?" Not to me at least, but that's one man's opinion. I think, and this is a learning point for you, that you lacked some situational awareness and allowed your eagerness to get the best of you. Temper your enthusiasm and learn to pick your battles. You have an "80% solution" in front of you and often that 80% is all you'll have in life. 80% now is usually better than 100% later.

Think of it like this: if the Regiment's current usage is a problem then how will you react when it changes...and it will change if you're in long enough. When your attitude changes then your performance will change because your concern is the day-to-day. Every day is a selection and every task is a test. The guys around you and the scroll will always matter whether you're deployed or not. The rest will fall into place because those events are out of your control.

If those things bother you then you need a new job. There's no shame in life without that scroll, but there are mountains of shame for not giving it your all whether you're kicking in doors or inspecting a DFAC. Every job is important and deserves your utmost.

Thank you very much, those words are gold and you are 100% correct. My apologies on the post and I will take this and learn from it. I was too eager and jumped to something I shouldn't have.

Back