Pipeline

T

TSgt Hutch

Hello all,

Does anyone know the order if which the CCT pipeline is conducted?

I know it starts with the Combat Control Orientation Course and ends with AST, but is there an order in which you go to CC Operator Course (ATC), SERE, Airborne and CC School.:)

The CCT pipeline typically goes in the order of CCT intro course, then either airborne or ATC school (order can be changed due to course availability), SERE, then combat control school (pre scuba), Air Force dive school (sorry, you won't be able to go to the real combat dive school, CDQC), HALO, and finally AST. Hope this helps

Not sure on all of the differences. Obviously the main one is the USAF school is all USAF, duh. CDQC used to be Army, USAF, and sometimes Navy, not sure about USMC, they have their own dive school too. The USAF school does more search dives, which is more benneficial to us. Both are graded by speed and distance from the objective from different distances, day and night, open circuit (SCUBA) and closed circuit (draeger/rebreather). I hear the USAF on is pretty tough. I know guys that went and failed 3 times and are now out of PJ training totally. That happens at CDQC as well.

yea i've heard the same about the AF school...i know the instructors wanted to keep it like CDQC, and it sounds like they're doing a good job.

Yep...not everyone can dive.

Thats true. However CDQC and AFCDC are hardley about diving. I attended the AF dive school when it first came on line and I can say it was a "smoker". I wanted to go back to indoc..kidding. However indoc made sense. We spent more time in fear then learning anything about Diving. from what everyone was told the reason the AF stood up there own school was to push more students through since only so many slots were available at CDQC and it was causing a bottleneck in the training pipline. However the first several AF classes had nearly a 50% washout rate. And yes I graduated so this isnt the rants and raves of some dude who is bitter about not making it. The washout rate was not because they werent capable divers. But because of drills like "one man comp". And yes I think we should have it but we shouldnt tell everyone it is because you may lose your air source and get tangled up etc etc. I've been in extreme situations underwater but I never ran into a amadextris shark capable of tying my hoses in knots. Just be honest and say its nothing but a hard core gut check. If it were about diving you would spend more time on bouyancy control and other techniques then uselsess drills like "one man". I know this because I have a lot of diving experience. Now we all know that Civilian Diving and Combat Diving are not the same. There is a huge difference. But the AF course made no sense. And most of the instructors(who came from the Army CDQC) said it was a mirror image if not harder then CDQC. And of course a few search dives thrown in...A FEW! So that being said Yes it sucked, it was hard....and if CDQC is the same I doubt we lose anyone cause they cant dive. We lose them cause they cant pass certain underwater thrashings that have nothing to with ones ability to dive. But ya they did make it hard. thats a fact. I once heard a student get asked what he learned....he responed by saying...All I remember is doing push-ups with my tanks on but he couldnt remember how to plan a dive.

It would be like going to MFF and having to wrestle the instructor in mid air because he is trying to tangle shit up. Makes sense.

several of my friends went to Army CDQC and MCD and when we compare the two they are grateful they went to MCD and the"real dive school".....cause they had it easier. Couldnt resist that little Jab

Not sure on all of the differences. Obviously the main one is the USAF school is all USAF, duh. CDQC used to be Army, USAF, and sometimes Navy, not sure about USMC, they have their own dive school too. The USAF school does more search dives, which is more benneficial to us. Both are graded by speed and distance from the objective from different distances, day and night, open circuit (SCUBA) and closed circuit (draeger/rebreather). I hear the USAF on is pretty tough. I know guys that went and failed 3 times and are now out of PJ training totally. That happens at CDQC as well.

As I recall the Marines are using the Navy school at Panama City Beach, FL. The AF was also sending people there for awhile too. I seem to recall, that the Navy had a course in Panama and the SF in Okinawa too.

The Army has a Hard hat engineer dive course there at the Panama City Beach Navy base as well.

I went through Key West, when the Navy was running the course, before SF took over the course.

The New SF dive badge:

Attachments

• SpecOpsDiverBadge.jpg
    SpecOpsDiverBadge.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 818
The Marines teach at the Navy school but it is a Marine course. Seperate from the navy courses tought at the same location. It is actually the exact same location as the AF course. Down the hall from eachother. And ya I do recall the army engineers being there as well. We did have a few officers attend the Navy course in San Diego a couple years ago and the stated it was a nice paid vacation but not a combat dive course like CDQC,AFCDC, or MCD. Since the AF school stood up all PJ/CCT are attending AFCDC in Panama City. no other options.

The new badge is killer.

Back