Podcasts.

I saw this one and wanted to hear Evan from thirtysecondsout.com.

After 2-3 minutes I hated the host. After about 7 I wanted to kick puppies and eat babies. It takes this clownshoe 15 minutes to start interviewing Evan and I won't even type all of the dumb shit coming out of her mouth. Bonus points: she is a Fox News military "expert." She's so bad I'm thinking of bailing on the interview which is sad because Evan's work is awesome and he seems like a good dude.

NO ONE IS COMING, IT'S UP TO US – WELCOME TO MAN CAMP 2018 - Part 1 - Tactical Talk with Allison Barrie - Omny.fm
Spot on.

Had never heard of her of her before but had to give it a listen...she is f'n horrible!. Nails on a chalkboard is an understatement and I'm dumber for listening to her.

Last edited:
Cleared Hot
Fieldcraft Survival
Modern Day Sniper
Intelligence Matters
The University of Badassery
Launch Code
SOFLETE
Stuff You Should Know

Unapologetically necroposting. SOGcast: The Untold Stories of MACV SOG by John Stryker Meyer is a must for anyone interested in SF history. Some of the guests are legends, including one who just passed away ("Spider" Parks) and one Medal of Honor winner (Gary Rose). The Vietnam stories are fascinating, but some of the lives these men led after Vietnam are also amazing with several making numerous trips to Vietnam on their own dime to look for remains of the missing.

Ep. 29 just dropped. Most are in a beefy 2-3 hour range, but 30 minutes to work, 30 minutes back, and I can chew through an episode in a few days. Good stuff and worth your time.

----

Any recommendations for a good true crime podcast?

Unapologetically necroposting. SOGcast: The Untold Stories of MACV SOG by John Stryker Meyer is a must for anyone interested in SF history. Some of the guests are legends, including one who just passed away ("Spider" Parks) and one Medal of Honor winner (Gary Rose). The Vietnam stories are fascinating, but some of the lives these men led after Vietnam are also amazing with several making numerous trips to Vietnam on their own dime to look for remains of the missing.

Ep. 29 just dropped. Most are in a beefy 2-3 hour range, but 30 minutes to work, 30 minutes back, and I can chew through an episode in a few days. Good stuff and worth your time.

----

If you like comedy and true crime, I’m a big fan of Small Town Murder.

Hosted by two comedians, and they give the details of crazy murders from small towns. They also have a sports version called Crime In Sports.

Episodes start off near an hour, then move between 2-3 as the seasons progress. They have something like 350 episodes.

Jack Murphy and Dave Park have been crushing it with “The Team House.” Same thing with Ryan Fugit with “Combat Story.” Lex Fridman is one of the few non-military podcasters who I still find genuine and endearing.

“The Tim Dillon Show” is also good if you want a self aware, self deprecating version of Alex Jones just ranting.

These days I listen to Ryen Russillo, The Jeselnik and Rosenthal Vanity Project, Whiskey Ginger, and the Bill Simmons Podcast. Russillo’s life advice sections are solid entertainment.

----

It’s a good necropost. Podcasts have become even more mainstream since 2016…

It is a fantastic show...minus the exceptionally cringe voiceover intro. They've had some banger guests, that's for sure.
I’ve mentioned that several times on YouTube but it’s becoming a meme itself at this point

SPESHUL OP-ER-A-SHUNS
COVERT OPPPSSS
ESPIONAAAGE

THE TEAM HOUSE WITH...

I'm serious though, they have some great guests, and Jack and David are very good hosts.
Mike Edwards first podcast was one of my favorites, he mentioned one of his 3/75 buddies who was the older brother of one of my squad leaders here, made me feel “in the know.”

I like that they also go “outside of the tribe” with bringing Matthew Cole on to discuss his writing.

Mick Mulroy and Eric Miyares both made me reassess my career goals. It’s a great podcast.

Full disclosure, I think @Lefty375 can back me up, everyone I have talked to who knew Jack at 3/75 has nothing but good things to say about him. Maybe a little weird but a solid dude. He got a lot of hate on this site (and others) for his reporting but he’s a “homie” by all accounts.

I like that they also go “outside of the tribe” with bringing Matthew Cole on to discuss his writing.

Mick Mulroy and Eric Miyares both made me reassess my career goals. It’s a great podcast.

Full disclosure, I think @Lefty375 can back me up, everyone I have talked to who knew Jack at 3/75 has nothing but good things to say about him. Maybe a little weird but a solid dude. He got a lot of hate on this site (and others) for his reporting but he’s a “homie” by all accounts.

Yeah, those two have great stories and show there's more to the service than people think. The Army has more than one SMU, sorry fan bois.

I'm one of the guys who flogged Jack when he was here. He didn't give many of us a favorable impression as I recall. He seems like a different person on the podcast than how he presented here, but that's hardly unusual.

Yeah, those two have great stories and show there's more to the service than people think. The Army has more than one SMU, sorry fan bois.

I'm one of the guys who flogged Jack when he was here. He didn't give many of us a favorable impression as I recall. He seems like a different person on the podcast than how he presented here, but that's hardly unusual.
I think he came here at the behest of a dishonored member and didn’t put much effort into this place.

The SOGCast episode with John Plaster recounted this event if memory serves. There might even be a longer version out there, but listening to the radio callouts in this "short" clip is chilling.

Recon Team Hawaii (QUEBEC) and Recon Team Colorado (TANGO PAPA) were in a Prairie Fire emergency at the same time. The Author of the best selling book SOG John Plaster is the Covey Rider for these emergency extractions, call sign DELTA PAPA THREE. The radio transmission audio was provided by Barry Lewis Subelsky. Note the team work required by the aircrews to extract these Recon Teams from Laos. The fac/covey rider, the cobra gunships, the pilots, crew chief, door gunner of the extraction slick and recon team 1-0 on the ground. All working as a team to save lives from anhelation. This video was extracted from the longer Hall of Heroes video.

Back