Poser Busting

I can't find a story on it, but he apparently had posted on social media pictures of his "Vietnam Veteran Navy SEAL" Uncle Rick, in full uniform with the trident.
Allegedly, Uncle Rick was never a SEAL. Seems poserdom might run in the family.
I am baffled at how this guy came to take up a GOP slot on this go round.

Is he on the twice failed congressional bid trajectory? Is he going to come back? Lolz. jk. I'm sure he'll start a health and wellness business

Guys, we've all been there! Stop being so hard on this guy! Who among us hasn't confused a DUI arrest with a barracks fight?

Anyway, dude had a DUI and was still sent to Qatar?

I am baffled at how this guy came to take up a GOP slot on this go round.

Is he on the twice failed congressional bid trajectory? Is he going to come back? Lolz. jk. I'm sure he'll start a health and wellness business

Some of us has sounded warnings about the pedestal on which we've placed our veterans. Others don't see posing as a problem, just harmless little lies and all, right? I'll be the dick in the room: running for office, job application, free appetizer at Chili's...you should prepare for vetting. If you're hiring a "vet" or on staff of someone who is even running for county dog catcher...vet that motherfucker. Posers are taking advantage of the free pass we've given vets since 9/11.

From the video, he sounds Air Force...I tried hunting down his DD-214, but failed. With that being said there's no way in hek an air crew member (fixed or rotary) in the beginning of OEF doesn't recall every take off and landing and into what bases they landed.

Also, I don't see how any of that initial part of OEF is still classified, but I'm no expert. Even if it is one could talk around the subject easily. End state the guy seems shady because after his scripted reading, the train came off the tracks FAST once he started answering questions.

Edit - deleted Qatar joke...noone found it amusing!
I had a guy deploy in Oct 2001, where he went and who he supported is still classified.

I assisted a JSOC 2T guy with his medical retirement package. I had to testify because he wouldn't violate his NDA and testify on his behalf.
FWIW, all my testimony was unclas, but I was able to explain to the board how "we" did things.

Classified deployments still get travel vouchers, even if the where are you/when were you there block says classified on it.

Dude's full of shit.

I can't find a story on it, but he apparently had posted on social media pictures of his "Vietnam Veteran Navy SEAL" Uncle Rick, in full uniform with the trident.
Allegedly, Uncle Rick was never a SEAL. Seems poserdom might run in the family.

Doesn't everyone have an uncle who was a SEAL or Green Beret in Vietnam?

Last edited:
Doesn't everyone have an uncle who was a SEAL or Green Beret in Vietnam?

One of my favorite stories was when I was a student in the Q course. Contractor prolly in his 40’s early 50’s, definitely actually a former SF guy, but probably NG. This was 2007/8ish, so possibly he had GWOT experience, but that is not really important.

SEAL medic student: so yeah the new Rambo movie is pretty cool.

Contractor: I don’t need to see it, I lived that life.

SEAL: you were a riverboat driver in Burma?

Contractor: …..

It may be a you had to be there moment, but it sticks with me. Never be the “I lived that life” guy in comparison to movies. It is weird for everyone.

Back