Quick question for the doctors in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2012

Unverified
Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

This is totally unrelated to special operations but I know a few of you have medical experience so I figured it may be worth asking. I understand that you are not my personal doctor and that any final diagnosis would be made in person with a doctor's visit.

I was trying to start my lawnmower and the rip cord was stuck, so I naturally pulled the crap out of it and the lawnmower whipped it in fast and hard. It struck the top of my hand between my first and second knuckle, broke skin, drew a little blood, and now it's swollen and red. It's about a quarter sized bit, and it's raised just a hair higher than my knuckle when my hand is laid flat. I figured it was just a bruise but after touching it a bit it feels almost liquid-like inside. I'm currently icing it.

My main question is is this a cause for concern, or is that normal on the top of the hand since there's really not much there besides skin and bone? Is it possible I popped a blood vessel or something?

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Kevin B.

OK. Backround: Paramedic, not an M.D.

Go get an X Ray and an M.R.I. may be needed. May be soft tissue, may be a fracture, may be a ligament issue but with out those tests, it is unknown. So, see your doc or a clinic and get films.

M.

Thanks for the reply. I'm now having a little pain on the palm side of my hand, directly under the swollen area. Is that indicative of a fracture?

Thanks for the reply. I'm now having a little pain on the palm side of my hand, directly under the swollen area. Is that indicative of a fracture?

See a doctor. Any diagnosis requires eyes, ears, hands and tests done to determine extent of injury. GOT IT?

Would a Mod/Admin please lock this thread before this young man becomes a chew toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back